ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence for Non-EEA PR holder for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Proof of residence for Non-EEA PR holder for BC

Post by Theyallknowme » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Hello all,

I am a Non EEA National (Pakistani husband) with UK PR issued on 05/02/2019 and PR acquired date on letter is 31st Dec 2018.

My wife EEA National (Norwegian Citizen) with UK PR issued on 04/02/2019 and PR acquired date on letter is 31st Dec 2018. She has been working throughout 5 years and exercising her rights.

I was going through the AN guideline and saw that letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK. For the PR application I sent my bank statement for all 5 year and 5 year tenancy agreement whereas my wife sent her 5 year P60 and 5 year Bank statement. But for British citizenship, what other documents can I send?

Many thanks

hamzababy

Re: Proof of residence for Non-EEA PR holder for BC

Post by hamzababy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Theyallknowme wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm
Hello all,

I am a Non EEA National (Pakistani husband) with UK PR issued on 05/02/2019 and PR acquired date on letter is 31st Dec 2018.

My wife EEA National (Norwegian Citizen) with UK PR issued on 04/02/2019 and PR acquired date on letter is 31st Dec 2018. She has been working throughout 5 years and exercising her rights.

I was going through the AN guideline and saw that letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK. For the PR application I sent my bank statement for all 5 year and 5 year tenancy agreement whereas my wife sent her 5 year P60 and 5 year Bank statement. But for British citizenship, what other documents can I send?

Many thanks
nothing else. the same documents for her will be required to prove her residency and for you , only your Pakistani passport is all what is required since it will have stamps of you going abroad / coming back etc..

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Theyallknowme » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:43 pm

hamzababy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm
Theyallknowme wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm
Hello all,

Many thanks
nothing else. the same documents for her will be required to prove her residency and for you , only your Pakistani passport is all what is required since it will have stamps of you going abroad / coming back etc..

Thanks Hamzababy for reply. When travelling in and out of UK during 5 years (2013-2018) of residence permit, UK border never stamp on my passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 pm

You need to submit the same evidence as your spouse then to prove your residence in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Theyallknowme » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 pm
You need to submit the same evidence as your spouse then to prove your residence in the UK.
ok great, thank you very much

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Just to bear in mind , if the acquired date on the letter is December 2018
The you will be eligible in December 2019

hamzababy

Post by hamzababy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Theyallknowme wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Thanks Hamzababy for reply. When travelling in and out of UK during 5 years (2013-2018) of residence permit, UK border never stamp on my passport.
a bit weird ...they dont normally stamp on way out / exit from the uk but they definitely stamp on way back 100% any non British passport , and also any EU country or NON-EU country including Pakistan ( your home country ) stamps entry stamp when you enter that country after leaving uk.

but if you dont have any stamps at all , even then you can just submit your passport copy with blank pages which would mean you didn't leave the country & didn't need to re- enter the UK ( hence residing in UK throughout this 5 year )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:23 pm

hamzababy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm
Theyallknowme wrote:

a bit weird ...they dont normally stamp on way out / exit from the uk but they definitely stamp on way back 100% any non British passport , and also any EU country or NON-EU country including Pakistan ( your home country ) stamps entry stamp when you enter that country after leaving uk.

but if you dont have any stamps at all , even then you can just submit your passport copy with blank pages which would mean you didn't leave the country & didn't need to re- enter the UK ( hence residing in UK throughout this 5 year )
The op is an eea family member with PR via the eea EU route. EU family members do not get stamped when entering the UK, regardless of the passpirt/nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Theyallknowme » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 am

Irfan1648 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 pm
Just to bear in mind , if the acquired date on the letter is December 2018
The you will be eligible in December 2019
Yes got that in mind, Thanks Irfan1648,

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Theyallknowme » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:23 pm
hamzababy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm
Theyallknowme wrote:

The op is an eea family member with PR via the eea EU route. EU family members do not get stamped when entering the UK, regardless of the passpirt/nationality.
Thanks for clarification