ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Live-in Landlord

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Live-in Landlord

Post by KristianDLloyd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi All,

Looking for some further advice, please.

What are the implications of having a live-in Landlord and meeting the accommodation requirement? Of course I’d need a property report, but would there be an issue as I wouldn’t have an AST agreement? I would have a lodgers agreement for a fixed term of 12 months. They are happy to provide a letter of no objection.

Does anyone have experience?

Thanks,
Kristian

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Live-in Landlord

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Hi All,

What are the implications of having a live-in Landlord and meeting the accommodation requirement? Of course I’d need a property report, but would there be an issue as I wouldn’t have an AST agreement? I would have a lodgers agreement for a fixed term of 12 months. They are happy to provide a letter of no objection.

Thanks,
Kristian
no issue if lodger agreement, noc letter and inspection report will be attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by inwarddoor1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm

I've recently used lodgers agreement plus noc letter and inspection report and the visa was granted. It was 2 bedroom property.

Good luck.

Grenze
Mood:
Germany

Post by Grenze » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Kristian
no issue if lodger agreement, noc letter and inspection report will be attached.
What if we don't use lodger agreement and just letter from landlord and immigration report? I'm in a simliar situation

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Grenze wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:41 pm
seagul wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Kristian
What if we don't use lodger agreement and just letter from landlord and immigration report? I'm in a simliar situation
Lodger/tenancy agreement is mandatory if the accommodation is not being offered by your friend/relative.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Grenze
Mood:
Germany

Post by Grenze » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Grenze wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:41 pm
seagul wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Kristian
Lodger/tenancy agreement is mandatory if the accommodation is not being offered by your friend/relative.
Alright, I'll get her to do it