ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit application from HongKong

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elena303
Newly Registered
Romania

EEA permit application from HongKong

Post by Elena303 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Hello everyone,
I've been reading the posts in here and I found them very useful and I would like to share with you my case and any advice would be highly appreciated.
I'm an EU citizen, romanian, working and living in the UK for about 4years; on the 8th March I got married in Morocco with a moroccan citizen,and we have a romanian marriage certificate.
We want to apply for EEA permit for my husband to join me in the UK as we want to start a family in the UK and also I can't live in Morocco due to the language barriers,and for him would be easy to find a job in London.
My main concern is how to prove that we do really have a genuine marriage and we are in love with each other;
I'm a bit stressed about this because me and my husband we are in a relationship since 2013,with a 2 years break in between (2015-2017) it was a long distance relationship,and me travelling to Morocco several times as for him was very difficult to travel to Romania/UK.
● The main problem is that we lost the old conversations skype/Facebook/WhatsApp and we didn't used the calls as the rates are very expensive.
We do have few pictures from our first dates but I don't know if these would be enough or what else I could provide them; we have recent conversations, family/friends pictures.
● For next month we are planning our honeymoon in HongKong, and we was thinking to apply for the EEA permit from there, and after to travel to UK. Do you think it's a good idea?
Many thanks, Elena.

kamoe

Re: EEA permit application from HongKong

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Elena303 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:32 pm
● The main problem is that we lost the old conversations skype/Facebook/WhatsApp and we didn't used the calls as the rates are very expensive.
We do have few pictures from our first dates but I don't know if these would be enough or what else I could provide them; we have recent conversations, family/friends pictures.
The strongest proofs of a genuine relationship are not so much old conversations, but proof that you have visited each other countries of residence and have met each other's families (plane tickets, pictures).
● For next month we are planning our honeymoon in HongKong, and we was thinking to apply for the EEA permit from there, and after to travel to UK. Do you think it's a good idea?
I would personally plan to do this in a country where both you have the time to attend a potential interview. See a similar post here.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.