ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I feel I have been used what should I do?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Linus
Newly Registered
Mood:

I feel I have been used what should I do?

Post by Linus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 pm

I am a British citizen was living in Japan , my wife is Japanese. We came to the U.K. 5 years ago and have been going through the indefinite leave to remain process on the basis of her being my spouse . She was granted indefinite leave to remain early February this year and after being granted leave to remain she told me she didn’t want to stay with me and she has left me and is asking for a divorce . She must have known she was going to do this at the time of filling out the application but she said nothing and showed no signs that she was unhappy in our marriage and wanted to leave . If she had I would not have gone through with the application process. What should I do ? Do I tell the home office? I feel like I have been used ,lied too and I am heartbroken because I genuinely love her . Any advice out there?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: I feel I have been used what should I do?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 pm

Very sad to hear this. This is unfortunate how some people use others for ILR. Unfortunately, you cant do anything now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Linus
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Linus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:32 pm

The gov.uk site says that they can be revoked if there were obtained through deceit! Does the fact that I was deceived not count ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:43 pm

Linus wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:32 pm
The gov.uk site says that they can be revoked if there were obtained through deceit! Does the fact that I was deceived not count ?
That deception is related to other things for example a fraudulent document, fraudulent bank statements etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:21 am

Linus wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:32 pm
There was no evidence of deception at the time of application, though the reality is she knew she would leave but kept quiet about it. There is nothing you can do about it. Really unfortunate
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:27 am

The relationship can break down at anytime. Although, her intentions are clear, but as bizman said there is no evidence of deception at that point when the application was made. She obviously fulfilled the requirements to obtain ILR. Now since she has ILR, she is no more dependent on you. It is really unfortunate & frustrating that nothing really can be done about it.

Linus
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Linus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks for answer my question. It is hard for me to accept that there is really nothing I can do. But it seams that’s the reality.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 am

It is not that uncommon for this to happen, there are a good few cases I am aware of. For those that don’t want to wait the full 5 years they go for the domestic abuse route. Be thankful she did not drag you through that mud.

No consolation I know but your real issue is dealing with the settlement, good luck.