ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to correct a mistake in absence table on a submitted naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Burcut
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

How to correct a mistake in absence table on a submitted naturalisation application

Post by Burcut » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi all,

I have submitted all of the family members applications for naturalisation as a british citizen today and we have an appointment on friday for document and biometrics submission. After i downlod the submitted application forms i realised i made a mistake on mine, on absence table by putting one of the absences leave date june instead on july which adds 30days on my absence and leads the total number of absence exceed 450 days.(it is shown as 475 in total now on the submitted form but original should be 445) I searced every where and i think i dont hve any option to amend the submitted application form, i have sent a couple of emails to homeoffice but i dont think that will help. If i submit a cover letter explaining the situation on Friday while submiting other documents would that help do you think? To be honest, if they are double cheking the absences from uk border records it is so obvious that there is a mistake but what if they automatically reject when the 475 days are flagged out? I am so stressed right now, i dont know how many times i checked all the forms but i didnt realise this error!

Also, what should be the format of the cover letter? I dont want to make it more complicated if you have a simple example for a similar situation that would be awsome!

Is there anyone being in the same shoes before? What have you done to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Best
Burcu

Cam123

Re: How to correct a mistake in absence table on a submitted naturalisation application

Post by Cam123 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:48 pm

I recently applied and I did the same mistake, I wrote a cover letter highlighting the mistake and uploaded the cover letter on UKVCAS website...

Burcut
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: How to correct a mistake in absence table on a submitted naturalisation application

Post by Burcut » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 am

By any chance can you share a template/example of the letter you have used? Thanks