ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP_ PRIORITY SETTLEMENT VISA SERVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Settlement _ Spouse Visa: English language requirement and supporting documents

Post by uaana » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi there,

I have booked an appointment on the 20th March for my UK settlement visa from New Delhi, India. My husband lives in UK and he is planning to send all the supporting document from there -after my bio metrics appointment is complete in India -as he resides in Sheffield itself. But as I rang up VFS to find out about priority settlement visa service, the customer adviser insisted that all supporting document must be carried by the applicant at time of the bio-metric appointment. Now, we are thoroughly confused as we were under the impression that the supporting documents could be sent via royal mail to Sheffield by the sponsor. My husband’s employer will be able to share the employer letter and the pay slip letter only by 21st March.
Also, when I booked the priority service, I got a different appointment date from VFS, which is on the 15th March. I have managed to reschedule my VFS appointment from the 15th to the 20th. But I am still wondering on how it works, as it seems as though there is some sort of disconnect with VFS and UKVI.

Also, based on an advice by an immigration expert during filling out my online application form, I was told that I am not exempted from English language requirement. So, I opted for ‘No' response for the question on English language exemption. But upon getting second opinion, we were told that I am in fact exempted for English language requirement as I have obtained an academic qualification from a UK university in Sheffield. The same person also suggested me to change my response from No' to Yes' in the printed application form and justify why I have changed my response.

So, my questions are:
1) Can I walk -in on the 20th of March for my priority visa service along with my bio-metrics appointment?
2) Can my husband submit the supporting document from Sheffield to the UKVI office in Sheffield after my bio metric application submission in Delhi, India?
3) Will it be fine if I strike out the wrong response and enter the correct one on the printed application form? where should my justification note be written? Is it on the end page of the application or on my cover letter?

Zeppi01

Re: Settlement _ Spouse Visa: English language requirement and supporting documents

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm

There are specific exemptions for meeting English Language requirement . I.e. Aged over 65 / Disability / Exceptional Circumstances. See p6/7 of

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf

Zeppi

Disclaimer I am not an expert. Do not rely on anything info I provide. Do your own research.

shargaur

Re: Settlement _ Spouse Visa: English language requirement and supporting documents

Post by shargaur » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 pm

you are exempted because you degree was issued in the UK.

The applicant will meet the English language requirement if they:•have obtained an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK; or, if awarded outside the UK, is deemed by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK

uaana
Newly Registered
India

HELP_ PRIORITY SETTLEMENT VISA SERVICE

Post by uaana » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:10 am

HELLO EVERYONE,

I bought the Priority Settlement Visa service from VFS separately , but my visa application form reads the type of visa as "STANDARD" . So should I be worried ?
Also when I applied for my visa, the UKVI website had no options for priority appointment - only super priority appointment option was available then. Aghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I am beyond frustrated as on top of all the chaotic arrangement between VFS and UKVI, the confirmed receipt from VFS has mentioned my visa type as Tier 1 (general) instead of Settlement :cry: :cry: :cry: . I am this close to losing it What should I do ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP_ PRIORITY SETTLEMENT VISA SERVICE

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 am

the confirmed receipt from VFS has mentioned my visa type as Tier 1 (general) instead of Settlement
What form did you complete??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:10 pm

uaana wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:02 pm
Hi there,

I have booked an appointment on the 20th March for my UK settlement visa from New Delhi, India. My husband lives in UK and he is planning to send all the supporting document from there -after my bio metrics appointment is complete in India -as he resides in Sheffield itself. But as I rang up VFS to find out about priority settlement visa service, the customer adviser insisted that all supporting document must be carried by the applicant at time of the bio-metric appointment. Now, we are thoroughly confused as we were under the impression that the supporting documents could be sent via royal mail to Sheffield by the sponsor. My husband’s employer will be able to share the employer letter and the pay slip letter only by 21st March.
Also, when I booked the priority service, I got a different appointment date from VFS, which is on the 15th March. I have managed to reschedule my VFS appointment from the 15th to the 20th. But I am still wondering on how it works, as it seems as though there is some sort of disconnect with VFS and UKVI.

Also, based on an advice by an immigration expert during filling out my online application form, I was told that I am not exempted from English language requirement. So, I opted for ‘No' response for the question on English language exemption. But upon getting second opinion, we were told that I am in fact exempted for English language requirement as I have obtained an academic qualification from a UK university in Sheffield. The same person also suggested me to change my response from No' to Yes' in the printed application form and justify why I have changed my response.

So, my questions are:
1) Can I walk -in on the 20th of March for my priority visa service along with my bio-metrics appointment?
2) Can my husband submit the supporting document from Sheffield to the UKVI office in Sheffield after my bio metric application submission in Delhi, India?
3) Will it be fine if I strike out the wrong response and enter the correct one on the printed application form? where should my justification note be written? Is it on the end page of the application or on my cover letter?
Hi,

As per the new supporting document guidelines issued by VFS, i think we don't have to send a courier to Sheffield anymore. I have got my supporting documents scanned at VFS London by my sponsor. They are now accepting the scanned documents as well. This was also confirmed by calling UKVI helpline by my sponsor.

I would suggest please check with UKVI on how they are going to accept the documents. As per the information I have either they can be scanned and sent electronically to UKVI at the time of your Biometrics or they can be scanned by your sponsor at the specified UK locations of VFS for a fee and send electronically to UKVI after your biometrics.

I would urge the moderator to throw some light on this new development.

The information of supporting documents can be accessed in the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents

Thanks

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 am
the confirmed receipt from VFS has mentioned my visa type as Tier 1 (general) instead of Settlement
What form did you complete??
The form was from VFS website , where we select and pay for additional services and I happened to pay for my settlement priority visa service. I remember categorically selecting 'settlement ' for type of visa. Now when I printed out my VFS receipt, I was mortified to see that instead of ' settlement visa' being mentioned under the visa type section, ' Tier 1 -general was written. I rang up the customer care executive and requested them to rectify their error but as usual they acted like a typical lobbyist - not holding themselves accountable for their actions.

Will it an issue at the VAC ? I have written about this issue in my covering letter too. Do you think ECO will ignore my priority settlement visa request and simply file my case on the standard settlement visa pile? I getting very concerned as I have received a conditional job offer depending on when my visa is granted . I am completely relying on my priority settlement visa as a good job offer is at stake.

Rajya
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajya » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 am

Hi Uanna,

You can take a walk in option at VFS on say 22nd at 3000 INR.
Your husband can send you the scans of employer docs on 21st which you can print.
Then on 22nd VFS will convert your standard application to priority by paying the service for priority visa. Note settlement application costs some 54000 INR.
The Visa4uk service used with standard application does not have relevance as the VFS guys will make that priority visa service, by making correction on the hard copy of your online application.
VFS in India can scan all your documents including the print outs of the scans and the originals.

There is no need for asking your husband to send the docs from UK, as the priority visa service comes with document scanning assistance from VFS.

I did the same on the day of my application done on 12 March.
I found this process very confusing but had a go at it on the day, with all the differences between visa4UK, VFS and UKVI.

I have my fingers crossed. Do update on what's happening with your application.

Regards
RajYa