ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

FLR FP extension

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi Guys/Moderators :wink:

Now that I have your attention, I just need a wee bit of advise! :P

My LTR (under FLP) expires midnight tomorrow, I've (10mins ago) just forked out over £2K online (2nd ext) to the Alpha and onion's at the Home Office/UKVCAS or whatever they're called for now. My concern is that I am due for ILR (10 years residency) in less than 5 months.

SO guys, do you think there's anyway I can maybe push my luck via a cover letter via or just hope they don't triage my application in a few months so I can vary this application to settlement! The thought of paying another £3K in a few months is giving me sleepless nights (Not lying) . I know this is not the most inspiring post but money is tight and this system has ruined me over the 10 year period.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Easy
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

FLR FP extension

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 pm

My LTR (under FLP) expires midnight tomorrow, I've (10mins ago) just forked out over £2K online (2nd ext) to the Alpha and onion's at the Home Office/UKVCAS or whatever they're called for now. My concern is that I am due for ILR (10 years residency) in less than 5 months.

SO guys, do you think there's anyway I can maybe push my luck via a cover letter via or just hope they don't triage my application in a few months so I can vary this application to settlement! The thought of paying another £3K in a few months is giving me sleepless nights (Not lying) . I know this is not the most inspiring post but money is tight and this system has ruined me over the 10 year period.

Easy
I am afraid but you have to undergo some sleepless nights like many others. Almost everyone don't want to pay such heavy application fees but I am afraid they have to. You have to apply extension until you complete your 10 years otherwise you will be an overstayer that will break the continuity of your 10 years towards ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

FLR FP extension

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm
Choc-Ice wrote:

Easy
I am afraid but you have to undergo some sleepless nights like many others. Almost everyone don't want to pay such heavy application fees but I am afraid they have to. You have to apply extension until you complete your 10 years otherwise you will be an overstayer that will break the continuity of your 10 years towards ILR.

Thanks for comment. As stated previously, I already submitted an extension online tonight. Overstaying/ Overstayer is out of the question my friend, I've been here way to long to know better.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

FLR FP extension

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:16 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm
Choc-Ice wrote:

Easy

Thanks for comment. As stated previously, I already submitted an extension online tonight. Overstaying/ Overstayer is out of the question my friend, I've been here way to long to know better.
More likely the in country application will be decided well before of 5 months when you reaches to your 10th year.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

torte02

Re: FLR FP extension

Post by torte02 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 am

Choc-Ice wrote:

Easy
hello! I'm due to extend my FLR FP (under 10-year parent route) next month and is it okay to ask you which one are you on?

P.S: A quick background on my journey: I was on spouse visa (applied before 2012) and after 5 years, I submitted an application for ILR. I was refused because I didn't satisfy the financial requirements. Consequently, HO switched me over to the FLR FP (parent route even though I'm still in a relationship with my husband). We have four children, all born in the UK and are British. I'm currently working and hubby is a stay-at-home dad. I'm having nightmares about my extension.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 pm

torte02 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 am
Choc-Ice wrote:

Easy
hello! I'm due to extend my FLR FP (under 10-year parent route) next month and is it okay to ask you which one are you on?

P.S: A quick background on my journey: I was on spouse visa (applied before 2012) and after 5 years, I submitted an application for ILR. I was refused because I didn't satisfy the financial requirements. Consequently, HO switched me over to the FLR FP (parent route even though I'm still in a relationship with my husband). We have four children, all born in the UK and are British. I'm currently working and hubby is a stay-at-home dad. I'm having nightmares about my extension.
Hi Torte,

I'm on FLR FP 10 year route, applied in 2012 which was refused and went through the appeal journey. WON in First and Upper tribunal, HO eventually decided to grant 10yr LTR (in 2014) instead of 5 years which the judge ordered. Anyways I extended it once using same day service in 2016 which was pretty straight forward but coming towards my 10 years in a few months, I cant afford to go for same day (skint to say the least).

I will like to think you'll be fine, pretty much just use same documents (updated) eg letters from school and professionals to indicate you're participating in your children's upbringing (cant believe they make you prove whats naturally your rights) , updated bank statements, payslips and adequate accommodation.

Thats all I can conjur right now but if you need anymore info, do let me know.

Good luck.

Easy

torte02

Post by torte02 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am

Choc-Ice wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 pm
torte02 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Easy

Hi Torte,

I'm on FLR FP 10 year route, applied in 2012 which was refused and went through the appeal journey. WON in First and Upper tribunal, HO eventually decided to grant 10yr LTR (in 2014) instead of 5 years which the judge ordered. Anyways I extended it once using same day service in 2016 which was pretty straight forward but coming towards my 10 years in a few months, I cant afford to go for same day (skint to say the least).

I will like to think you'll be fine, pretty much just use same documents (updated) eg letters from school and professionals to indicate you're participating in your children's upbringing (cant believe they make you prove whats naturally your rights) , updated bank statements, payslips and adequate accommodation.

Good luck.

Easy
I don't think they have same-day service for FLR FP extension?

Since I'm on the parent route should I send anything on my husband? Marriage license, his passport and ILR, proof of address etc?

Thank you in advance!

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:20 pm

torte02 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am
Choc-Ice wrote:
torte02 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Easy

Hi Torte,

Good luck.

Easy

Since I'm on the parent route should I send anything on my husband? Marriage license, his passport and ILR, proof of address etc?

Thank you in advance!
If you read my message again, I used same day service for FLP in 2016. I had the option few days ago (which i choose not to use) and it cost 2600+ including IHS surcharge!

It would add more weight to your application if you include the ILR and passport copy.

Goodluck

torte02

Post by torte02 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:38 am

Choc-Ice wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:20 pm
torte02 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am
Choc-Ice wrote:
torte02 wrote:

Hi Torte,

Good luck.

Easy

Thank you in advance!
If you read my message again, I used same day service for FLP in 2016. I had the option few days ago (which i choose not to use) and it cost 2600+ including IHS surcharge!

It would add more weight to your application if you include the ILR and passport copy.

Goodluck
I know you applied back in 2016. I was asking about same-day service for now. Sorry if that came across wrong.

I will send hubby's passport then. Phew! All this visa business is stressing me out.

Thank you for your answer.