ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Affadavit for Lost Indian Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GreenWells
Newly Registered
Mood:

Affadavit for Lost Indian Passport

Post by GreenWells » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Hello

My mother has got the UK naturalistion certificate. But before she can get a British passport she must surrender her Indian passport.

However she lost her indian passport 15 years ago.

So she needs a notarised affadavit to say she has lost her Indian passport and take this to the Indian visa and consular service centre.

Does anybody know which template I can use for the affadavit? I searched online but could not find anything. It seems a notary can use their template but will charge an extra £100.

Thanks
Joe

O_Relly

Re: Affadavit for Lost Indian Passport

Post by O_Relly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:50 pm

It's not true that she has to surrender her Indian passport before she gets a British passport.

She has to renounce her Indian citizenship within a certain timeline after acquiring foreign nationality, in this case British. So that is the date she naturalised as British. British passport doesn't come into picture yet.

When did she naturalised?

She can apply and procure her British passport by all means.

It is then with this British passport as proof that she will have to renounce her Indian citizenship, and then surrender her Indian passport, apply for an OCI etc etc...
Cheers,
OR

GreenWells
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by GreenWells » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:23 am

When my mum applied for the British passport they sent a letter saying that we need to provide - either a letter from the Indian Embassy confirming the loss of your passport and the name it was issued
in, or a renunciation certificate of your Indian nationality.

***Renunciation Declaration:-

For PIOs, who acquired foreign nationality on or after 01 June 2010 and their valid Indian passport has been misplaced or lost, can apply for 'Renunciation Declaration' by furnishing a copy of the Indian passport along with a duly Notarised Affidavit in this regard and a Police report (to rule out any misuse). The fee for Renunciation Certificate is £ 117.00 plus applicable charges.

So basically I want this renunciation declaration but I don't know what template to use for the lost passport affidavit.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:33 am

Ok. So you already have:

1. A copy of the passport
2. Police report

and you now need to acquire a Notarised affidavit which you will submit to the Indian embassy to get a 'renunciation declaration' ?

So you are looking for a template to prepare yourself so you can save £100? The notary will anyway charge you to sign the affidavit? Have you confirmed what this charge is? if you were to prepare the template yourself and all they have to do is sign and stamp?
Cheers,
OR