ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Applying online, 30 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Riori

New to online application, a bit confused? FLR(M)

Post by Riori » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi all! I am applying for the extension of my FLR(M) soon and I need some help. Last time I applied for the first part of the visa, I did a paper application and sent all supporting documents together with it to HO.
I now see there is an online application so I have a few questions:
Is it pretty similar to the previous paper one?
Is it true you now upload all documents and they check those?
When do they check physical originals?
Is there anything new I need to know about the online application?

My visa ends on the 8th of April, I am unsure of the best time to submit my online application? (as I am unsure if I need to do it a lot sooner so they can see my originals?)

Thanks for any help, the new system has just thrown me a little as I have done many visas in the past but always post originals and application together.

Riori

Some Questions about FLR(M) extension

Post by Riori » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi all! I have a few questions for my upcoming Spouse visa extension.

1) I see some people are supplying 12 months payslips. Do you submit 6 or 12 months?

2) Since you now upload documents, do you still certify copies of partners passport etc?

3) Do I upload all pages of all passports (I have 3( 2 old ones)) or only the main passport page?

4) My visa end date is 8th April, when should I submit my online application?

5) Has anyone had any problems with uploading documents into the wrong sections?

Thanks for any help!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: New to online application, a bit confused? FLR(M)

Post by ariamus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Currently you need to complete the online application form but then have two options:

1) Post all documents in the traditional manner
or
2) Scan and upload all documents online. You take all your documents to the Biometrics appointment at one of the new centres.

Start the application now as you can amend for around 10 weeks, so you can gradually complete it, returning to it when you can.

You should apply no earlier than 28 days before current visa expires, to ensure you don’t fall short of the 5 year for ILR, if that is your route.

Riori

Post by Riori » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Thank you!
The UKVCAS site seems to only reference uploading the documents or scanning at a center. So i assume the preferred method is no longer to post?
Oh great, thought maybe you had to do it in one sitting.

With the uploading of documents, do I upload every page, for example: every page from one month of bank statements etc? or just the page with the salary on it from each month?

I planned to do it a week before the 8th but didn't know if the new system had changed anything.

Thanks again

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am

Any help with above three post questions would be appreciated! thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:57 am

1) I see some people are supplying 12 months payslips. Do you submit 6 or 12 months?
It depends how long you have been employed with your current employer.
2) Since you now upload documents, do you still certify copies of partners passport etc?
No.
3) Do I upload all pages of all passports (I have 3( 2 old ones)) or only the main passport page?
Not sure.
What date did you ENTER the UK on your spouse visa? You should apply no sooner than within 28 days BEFORE you reach 30 months residence.
5) Has anyone had any problems with uploading documents into the wrong sections?
Not that I can recall. Should be fine as long as they are all there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:57 am
Not sure.
I believe it states you need to scan a full copy of your current passport and your sponsors current passport. If you have received a new passport and your original visa is in the old passport, you need to scan that also.
Uploading documents is straightforward although categories are shown which may not be relevant to you, so you can ignore those ones.
Last night (23:30) I was uploading one last document and it shows as uploaded. When the page was refreshed or I signed out, that document vanished! I tried a few times in different categories and also a different file but the same result.
This morning, all the documents from last night have been uploaded so I need to delete the unnecessary ones!

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 am

Thank you for your help!

1) I applied in the UK so my date of issue was 05-10-2016 and my current visa is valid until 08-04-2019. So when would be the best time to submit application?

2) Bank Statements: Do I upload every page of the statement or just the pages with the salary on?

3) My Husband has been employed in his current job for over 6 months so I assume we only need to give 6 months statements?

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 am

ariamus wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Start the application now as you can amend for around 10 weeks, so you can gradually complete it, returning to it when you can.

Not sure whether I did anything wrong or got to a certain "point of no return" but I couldn't go back and edit any answers. What was put in stuck and there's no way to change it. Very frustrating.

I didn't pay anything either so don't know if this is deliberate or a bug but I'd be careful about putting in temp answers thinking you can go back later.

Just my 2 pennies worth

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 am

Thank you for the updated answers. Hope your visa application goes smoothly!

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 am

@String Ok! I will make sure I try enter things properly. Could you not go back and even fill in things you had left blank?

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 am

Riori wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 am
@String Ok! I will make sure I try enter things properly. Could you not go back and even fill in things you had left blank?
Well, the problem with the form is (as far as i'm aware) you can't leave things blank as it won't let you progress.

Another frustrating problem is that sometimes it states clearly conditions whereby you don't need to supply evidence, yet the form demands you tick boxes that you will provide it and won't let you continue.

It might be that we simply passed a point of no return. We filled in the form semi quickly thinking we could go back and perfect it later as we wanted to get to the section which gives us our submit options.

You might have a different experience.

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:57 am
It depends how long you have been employed with your current employer.
No.
Not sure.
What date did you ENTER the UK on your spouse visa? You should apply no sooner than within 28 days BEFORE you reach 30 months residence.

Thank you for your help!

1) I applied in the UK so my date of issue was 05-10-2016 and my current visa is valid until 08-04-2019. So when would be the best time to submit application?

2) Bank Statements: Do I upload every page of the statement or just the pages with the salary on?

3) My Husband has been employed in his current job for over 6 months so I assume we only need to give 6 months statements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:37 am

Within 28 days before your visa expires.
Every page.
Correct, 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:41 am

String wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 am
ariamus wrote:

Not sure whether I did anything wrong or got to a certain "point of no return" but I couldn't go back and edit any answers. What was put in stuck and there's no way to change it. Very frustrating.

I didn't pay anything either so don't know if this is deliberate or a bug but I'd be careful about putting in temp answers thinking you can go back later.

Just my 2 pennies worth
I think that's because you completed the declaration section. I didn't complete the declaration section as, even thought it doesn't state, it seemed to be the final page of the application form itself.

When I had completed sections 1-4 in draft form, it took me to declaration section each time I logged in. However you can click on the section headings to go to and amend them accordingly.

The sections are:
1. Start
2. Application
3. Finance
4. Documents
5. Declaration
6. Pay
7. Further Actions

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:14 am

ariamus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:41 am
String wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 am
ariamus wrote:

Just my 2 pennies worth
I think that's because you completed the declaration section. I didn't complete the declaration section as, even thought it doesn't state, it seemed to be the final page of the application form itself.

When I had completed sections 1-4 in draft form, it took me to declaration section each time I logged in. However you can click on the section headings to go to and amend them accordingly.

The sections are:
1. Start
2. Application
3. Finance
4. Documents
5. Declaration
6. Pay
7. Further Actions
Aha... That makes sense. thx

I will be more cautious next time. Will have to sign up with a different email address again and start over.

Riori

Please check my list of documents for FLR(M) extension

Post by Riori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi, below are all the documents I will submit for my upcoming FLR(M) extension visa. Please let me know if you see anything missing.

Applicant information:
My Passport
2x Old Passport
Unabridged birth certificate
Marriage certificate
IELTS A2
Letter of intent
Decree absolute
Bio metrics card

Husbands information:
Passport
Birth certificate
Letter of intent

Financial information:
6 months bank statements
6 months payslips
Letter confirming payslips are true copies
Letter from employer
Verified work contract

Accommodation:
Landlord letter
Tenancy agreement
House floorplan
House pictures
Council tax bill

Proof of relationship:
Whatsapp conversations (2 per month from last two years)
Our holiday booking
6-8 x Bills at same address
Photos of us together
Letters of support x 2
Train season tickets from last 6 months, showing we take same train everyday to work.
Our two together card and tickets we have from using it to go away
Birthday/anniversary cards we have given each other

Just two questions:
Old passports- do I need both my old cancelled passports and if so do I upload every page from both?

Proof of relationship - Anything I need to add? We dont talk on email, FB etc as we only talk on whatsapp. We also go to work together everyday and home so dont really have many phone calls etc unless during work hours through whatsapp.

Thanks for any help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please check my list of documents for FLR(M) extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Riori wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm
Applicant information:
Letter of intent

Husbands information:
Birth certificate
Letter of intent

Accommodation:
House pictures

Proof of relationship:
Our holiday booking
Photos of us together
Letters of support x 2
Train season tickets from last 6 months, showing we take same train everyday to work.
None of the above is required. It is unnecessary.
Just two questions:
Old passports- do I need both my old cancelled passports and if so do I upload every page from both?
My understanding is current passport only.
Proof of relationship - Anything I need to add? We dont talk on email, FB etc as we only talk on whatsapp. We also go to work together everyday and home so dont really have many phone calls etc unless during work hours through whatsapp.
No one of this is required for a spouse visa extension.

Thanks for any help!
[/quote]

The 6-8 bills must cover the last two years. That is the only subsisting relationship and cohabitation docs required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Riori

Post by Riori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Riori wrote:
Applicant information:
Letter of intent

Husbands information:
Birth certificate
Letter of intent

Accommodation:
House pictures

Proof of relationship:
Our holiday booking
Photos of us together
Letters of support x 2
None of the above is required. It is unnecessary.
Just two questions:
My understanding is current passport only.
No one of this is required for a spouse visa extension.

Thanks for any help!
The 6-8 bills must cover the last two years. That is the only subsisting relationship and cohabitation docs required.
[/quote]

Wait, what? But most of the things I have read, are saying you need whatsapp etc for proof of relationship?
Where does it say you only need bills? Thanks for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Wait, what? But most of the things I have read, are saying you need whatsapp etc for proof of relationship?
Yes, for an entry clearance visa from abroad and not for extension applications within the UK when you already hold a spouse settlement visa.
Where does it say you only need bills?
The requirement is to show evidence to prove cohabitation for the past 2 years when applying for an extension.

Page 63 and 64 of the paper FLR M form tells you what HO expects to see. This has been the case for many years already.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information
Proof of relationship
If you’re applying as a spouse or partner, you’ll be asked about:

your relationship with your partner, for example how you met and how often you see each other
how long you’ve lived together - you’ll need to send proof like council tax bills
things you pay for together

whether you’re your partner’s carer
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Riori

Post by Riori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 pm
Yes, for an entry clearance visa from abroad and not for extension applications within the UK when you already hold a spouse settlement visa.
Where does it say you only need bills?
The requirement is to show evidence to prove cohabitation for the past 2 years when applying for an extension.

Page 63 and 64 of the paper FLR M form tells you what HO expects to see. This has been the case for many years already.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information
Proof of relationship
If you’re applying as a spouse or partner, you’ll be asked about:

your relationship with your partner, for example how you met and how often you see each other
how long you’ve lived together - you’ll need to send proof like council tax bills
things you pay for together

whether you’re your partner’s carer
oh wow! Thank you, I mean I already put it all together waiting to upload :/ but hey better to be over prepared and have to not use it.
So have you done an extension and I assume many other people successfully done one with no other proof or relationship? Thanks again

Riori

Post by Riori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Just to check, in the FLR(M) guidance, they say this:

a) We will need to be satisfied that your relationship with your partner is genuine and
continuing, and that you intend to live together permanently in the UK.
We will carefully consider the information and documents that you provide. If we have any
concerns about whether your relationship is genuine or continuing we will make further enquiries,
and may invite you for interview.

I assume this means I just need to provide bills and if they need anything else they will ask?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:44 pm

You only need evidence of cohabitation for 2 years preceding date of application. This is the proof of relationship.

I did exactly the same when I switched to a spouse visa from a different visa category and for ILR and had no issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Riori wrote:

Accommodation:
Landlord letter
Tenancy agreement
House floorplan
House pictures
Council tax bill
If you are sharing with other non-related persons then your House floorplan & House picutures must be an inspection report from an estate agent.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 pm

From my experience of FLR(M), the online application checklist also included :

- Any relevant declarations or third-party consent to request verification checks (available during the application process ((i)A three part form (signed by applicant, partner anyone providing 3rd party support if applicable, and (ii) declaration signed my partner)

- Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in UK where you live or will live

- Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

Some may have been optional?

I included any passports that were valid within the last visa period - mine was renewed recently, so I included both new and previous (a PDF of ALL pages- this would allow HO to check against travel history requested in form)

Zeppi

PS Disclaimer, please don't rely on any info I provide - I am not an expert. Please do your own research.