ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN & MN1 fees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Monika1
Newly Registered

good character

Post by Monika1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 am

Hi,

I am new here, but I hope you can help me.
I am want to fill in AN form for myself and MN1 form for my son on discretion. I came to the question about good character. I am in the process of divorce from my husband who got his PRcard through me as I was his sponsor. 6 years ago he was a overstayer. 1.Do you think it can cause me refusal on my naturalisation application? 2. I got some penalty charge notices about NHS prescription but I always challenged them and I never got fine. Is it a problem with the AN application? Should I mention in the cover letter?

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: good character

Post by R-graphite » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 am

Hi Monika,

Divorcing your husband will not affect your naturalisation application. Are you applying as a spouse of a British national?
Monika1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 am
Hi,

I am want to fill in AN form for myself and MN1 form for my son on discretion. I came to the question about good character. I am in the process of divorce from my husband who got his PRcard through me as I was his sponsor. 6 years ago he was a overstayer. 1.Do you think it can cause me refusal on my naturalisation application? 2. I got some penalty charge notices about NHS prescription but I always challenged them and I never got fine. Is it a problem with the AN application? Should I mention in the cover letter?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 am

R-graphite wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 am
Hi Monika,

Divorcing your husband will not affect your naturalisation application. Are you applying as a spouse of a British national?
OP is clearly an EU citizen.
Monika1 wrote:
I am in the process of divorce from my husband who got his PRcard through me as I was his sponsor. 6 years ago he was a overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:05 am

My answer remains the same: the act of divorcing her husband in itself will not affect her naturalisation process. The fact that he was an overstayer is not her offence unless it was proven that she assisted him somehow with that immigration breach.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 am
R-graphite wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 am
Hi Monika,

OP is clearly an EU citizen.
Monika1 wrote:
I am in the process of divorce from my husband who got his PRcard through me as I was his sponsor. 6 years ago he was a overstayer.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 am

As for your PCNs, if you challenged them and you won your challenges than I see no issue. I am not sure if a challenged PCN should be mentioned??.. Maybe a moderator can provide an advice on that. But generally speaking you should be ok.
Monika1 wrote:
Hi,

Monika1
Newly Registered

Post by Monika1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Thank you for all replying me. I am now calm, that my almost ex-husband`s case does not effect my application.

Monika1
Newly Registered

AN & MN1 fees

Post by Monika1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:35 am

Hi,

I am sorry for my question if it was already discussed but I do not want to make mistake with my application as it is really expensive.
I want to make AN application for myself and MN1 application for my 15 year-old son on paper form. I am trying to fill in the forms and I have a question about good character. I know I have to attach a payment slip to the application but I am not sure whether I can fill in just one payment slip for our application or I have to attach 2 payment slips. The fee for AN form is £1330 and £1012 for MN1 form but I do not know whether the fees contain the ceremony fee or not. Do I have to pay £2342 or more?
thank you,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN & MN1 fees

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:18 am

I am not sure if you can still use the paper forms as they were withdrawn in November and are all online now.

The ceremony fee is included in the fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.