ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Grandmother's UK visa application from Pakistan rejected for my wedding in April - Urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

N16Q
Newly Registered

Grandmother's UK visa application from Pakistan rejected for my wedding in April - Urgent

Post by N16Q » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 am

Firstly, I would like to say I'd really appreciate any advice/help on this situation and I'm grateful that a forum like this exists. Apologies, if you feel that my questions have been answered by previous threads but I have scoured everywhere on this forum to find the answers I need and I feel like I need tailored guidance. Thank you in advance.

Context:

- I applied for a UK visitor visa late-February for my Grandmother (age: 83) and first-cousin (age: 31) to attend my wedding in April.
- My Grandmother is from a rural area in Pakistan, where women do not have bank accounts or anything in their name e.g. when my Grandfather died the power of attorney and the deed to the house was given to the first son to manage.
- In the past 10 years, my Grandmother has travelled to the USA. Her other son is an American citizen and my Grandmother is a green card holder.
- In her application form, I said she was "retired" but she actually has never been in employment.
- I included information about the itinerary of the wedding and that she would be staying for 20 days, where I also attached a hotel reservation for the dates she was intending to stay for.
- I provided a letter of invitation that included my full sponsorship and funding of the trip - this was to amount to £2000 and I attached a bank statement showing funds available amounting to around £10000. This, however, was only one sheet.
- I mentioned that her annual funds are around 500,000 PKR (£2,748) and that this is a regular allowance/fixed income from family members
- I attached her son's bank statement which showed (£9,000) available; however, there was evidence of any fixed income/regular allowance from a family member. Essentially, my grandmother has land that is (as far as I remember) in her name and income generated from this land (from rent) is directly deposited into her first son's account and also managed by him. So, when and as my grandmother needs money, she will ask her son - however, it is not a regular or fixed income. Additionally, she does not have a bank account, so there is no proof of receiving that income from her son.
- To explain further, I did not mention any income she receives from her land (which is managed by her son) - so that figure of £2,748 annually will perhaps be five - ten times more than what it would be had that been included.

Questions:

1) In light of the information above and the refusal letter below, would a reapplication before the first wedding date (12th April) be possible? In the sense, would she stand a chance in a second application or does it seem like she will be refused again?
2) I have a feeling that her application was refused because despite proving that I can support her, they want to know her annual income and assess if she's financial stable in Pakistan. However, how is that possible if she does not have a bank account in her name (due to social reasons) and as well as that her son manages her finances and provides her with money as and when she needs it?
3) I fear that my incorrect information about her being 'retired' might jeopardise future applications as if a new application now confirms her as unemployed rather than 'retired', will that not look extremely suspicious?
4) As her application did not include any income from land, if a reapplication were to include an income that was five or ten times the original amount mentioned, would that cause further issues?
5) If we were to do a reapplication for my grandmother, I will not be sponsoring my first cousin to travel or come to attend the wedding - this is purely because I don't want my grandmother's application jeopardised further as his rejection seemed like a serious dismissal (I will attach his refusal separately below). So, if I were to reapply for my grandmother without my first-cousin, would this need to be stated in the application form (as the original application mentions she'd be travelling with my first-cousin)? As well as this, what possible reasons could I provide?[/list]

If you have any further information that goes beyond these questions, please do let me know!

Apologies for the bad angles/quality of the refusals (they were taken by my uncle in Pakistan):

Grandmother's Refusal:
First-Cousin's Refusal:

N16Q
Newly Registered

Re: Grandmother's UK visa application from Pakistan rejected for my wedding in April - Urgent

Post by N16Q » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:28 am

Correction: however, there was NO evidence of any fixed income/regular allowance from a family member.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Grandmother's UK visa application from Pakistan rejected for my wedding in April - Urgent

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:03 pm

N16Q wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 am
my Grandmother has travelled to the USA. Her other son is an American citizen and my Grandmother is a green card holder.
Why above one hasn't been considered :shock: :shock:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:24 pm

should very straightforward application. :shock:
i think unnecessary information regarding income, retirement, relative support etc could have caused the confusion to the case worker. because there was no evidence of what you was saying.
bank account should have been opened. how long its gonna take any way.
is her first son single?? if yes that might also be a flag check.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Reapply and address every single reason for refusal with evidence

Your grandmother's estate and home is her economic ties as well as her home.

You must provide evidence and reasons for which she'll return back to her home country

Even though you can comfortably sponsor her. The UKVI want to have reassurance she will not just stay in the land of milk and honey in their eyes

Obviously she is a green card holder in USA and even IF she did stay in the UK she could not even travel to a country where she is a perm resident!

Don't worry about retired thing. Explain she's a house wife..my mother is a pensioner and retired house wife..

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

nasir639

Post by nasir639 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Sorry to hear about the rejection of your grandma’s visa. They are getting quite strick nowadays with visit visas and sometimes it’s not really fair because you have to apply again and there is no right of appeal.

My father who has been coming to the UK for 10 years had his visa refused!! however he got it beck after an appeal.

I suggest you apply again and write a covering letter mentions all the points they mentioned.

“Land of milk and honey” 😂

adnan742
Newly Registered

Post by adnan742 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 pm

@nasir639... can we appeal their decision for UK family visit? I heard that there is no more appeal on visit visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 pm

adnan742 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 pm
@nasir639... can we appeal their decision for UK family visit? I heard that there is no more appeal on visit visa?
There is no appeal right for visit visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adnan742
Newly Registered

Post by adnan742 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Thanks, can we go for Judicial review?
I asked this question after reading above comments from (@nasir639) that his father got visa after appeal.. my brother visa was rejected few months ago and caseworker clearly didn’t bother to look at documents as he mentioned few things in refusal letter which we have already provided..
CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 pm
adnan742 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 pm
There is no appeal right for visit visas.

Divu

Post by Divu » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am

Hello! What is your situation now? I am in a similar situation of bringing my mum here for my wedding.