ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European citizen to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alexander112
Newly Registered
Greece

European citizen to the UK

Post by Alexander112 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Hello my name is Alexander 19 years of age ( in less than 2 months 20 ) and i want to move over to the uk , made this decision few months ago to go there work save up some money and go to UWE , now after trying to make sure i had every single paper in my possession i came across the uk visa which was completly new ( in the university application forum 2 months ago there was no visa option yet now there is one ) , so i was wondering if i actually need a visa to enter and work in the uk as a greek citizen

kamoe

Re: European citizen to the UK

Post by kamoe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Alexander112 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 pm
i was wondering if i actually need a visa to enter and work in the uk as a greek citizen
The answer to your question depends on when you are planning to come, to which part of the UK, and for how long.

The likeliest answer, as the state of things now, is that no, you don't need a visa, because even in the event of no deal, and even if you come after the transition period, the government has stated that any EU citizen will be entitled to come to the UK and stay for up to three years. That is usually enough to complete a UK degree (except in Scotland, where it takes 4 years, hence the question of where do you want to go).

An entirely different question is if you would like to stay in the UK after you complete your studies, and in that case, the answer is much more complex and requires more insight into what the government and Brexi direction will be after the parliamentary sessions next week, and the weeks after that.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 am

kamoe wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:10 pm
The answer to your question depends on when you are planning to come, to which part of the UK
Alexander112 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 pm
go to UWE
The OP plans to go to the University of the West of England (UWE), so presumably Bristol, England.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Alexander112
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Alexander112 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:51 pm

I want to move to Bristol in less than a month to attent UWE but I won't start uni this September , I guess I won't have a problem cause I want to find a part time job there aswell