ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take the get a hearing ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

How long does it take the get a hearing ?

Post by Everythingworksout » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I’d like to know how long it takes for you to get a hearing after you’ve lodged in for an appeal.

I’ll be lodging in for an appeal on Monday.

I was refused parent visa of a british child because I failed to provide sufficient evidence for my claim.

I feel like my solicitors messed up my application and did not advise me properly as well. But that’s passed now.

So I’m going for the appeal.

So can anyone who has recently got a hearing date let me know how long it took and what the appeal process was like.

What evidence do you take to court , etc.

Please help, very very anxious 😥

Garry20g

Re: How long does it take the get a hearing ?

Post by Garry20g » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 pm

What are the reason for refuse. What more document HO has not received

md3
Newly Registered

Post by md3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:32 pm

We had an appeal last year. The refusal was dated Sept 2017. We lodged an appeal immediately and given a date in July 2018. However, when we attended we were informed that we were on standby. This means we were not actually given an appointment but would be heard if there was a cancellation or early finish. We were told that an actual appointment could have been Feb 2019. Luckily we were heard on the day we attended. Even if you win there can still be a long wait (many months) to actually get the visa. We are still waiting :(

md3
Newly Registered

Post by md3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:41 pm

I missed that last part of your post regarding evidence. The Tribunal is just like a court. You have the judge, council for the prosecution (immigration guy) council for the defence (your guy) and the defendant (you). It is advisable to engage a lawyer which will probably cost £1000+. The evidence will be advised by your lawyer but may consist of proof of custody, proof of day to day care, finance provided for care, evidence from who is responsible for day to day care etc.