ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Scanned in Color instead of B&W for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uk2k10
India

Documents Scanned in Color instead of B&W for ILR

Post by uk2k10 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi,

I might be overthinking, but I have scanned the documents in COLOR and loaded them onto Sopra site.

None of the documents is over 6 MB limit and all were loaded successfully, though on the Sopra instruction pade, I have just noticed they have asked the documents to be loaded in Grayscale or B&W ( I am guessing this is to make sure the file size stays within 6 MB).

Can someone with experience let me know if I should redo the scanning and load the files in B&W.

appointment is tomorrow so any quick response would be much appreciated.

If anyone who has loaded docs in color can confirm that will put my mind to peace.

Worst case if they make an issue out of it at appointment, will they rescan docs in B&W or will that be an issue?

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Documents Scanned in Color instead of B&W for ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Scans will be checked at the appointment. Color or B/W should not be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:58 pm

I submitted all color scans and it was fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 pm

I agree that, as long as the files are within the 6mb limit, it should not matter if they are in colour. However, having seen the new guidance, my paranoia took over and I rescanned our passports in grey scale, only to find that the file size was the same as the ones I had done in colour!

HopnPop
Newly Registered

Post by HopnPop » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:01 pm

michali wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 pm
I agree that, as long as the files are within the 6mb limit, it should not matter if they are in colour. However, having seen the new guidance, my paranoia took over and I rescanned our passports in grey scale, only to find that the file size was the same as the ones I had done in colour!

Hi

Can you please advise how you merged your page scans for bank statements and passport into one file?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm

I am using Windows 10 and scanned them in with my Epson Printer/scanner. The scans go into Photos (sometimes! I do have problems at times). In photos you can select groups and then print as PDF. I am sure there is other software for this. I also use a pdf compressor when the file is too big.

Gowiththeflow
Newly Registered

Post by Gowiththeflow » Fri May 31, 2019 1:07 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:58 pm
Were they PDF format? I've already scanned in colour and JPEG format before reading 'scan in grey scale' and 'PDF (preferred)'. Unsure whether to upload what I have now. They didn't question colour at all? Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 31, 2019 1:29 pm

Gowiththeflow wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:07 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Were they PDF format? I've already scanned in colour and JPEG format before reading 'scan in grey scale' and 'PDF (preferred)'. Unsure whether to upload what I have now. They didn't question colour at all? Thanks.
I scanned all docs using my phone in color and they were all fine. It was in pdf. Jpeg should be okay also but its best to organise as much as possible. You can choose multiple files in one single pdf file e.g. 36 passport pages in 1 single pdf file rather having 36 different jpeg files.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 31, 2019 2:58 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:29 pm
Gowiththeflow wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
I scanned all docs using my phone in color and they were all fine. It was in pdf. Jpeg should be okay also but its best to organise as much as possible. You can choose multiple files in one single pdf file e.g. 36 passport pages in 1 single pdf file rather having 36 different jpeg files.
Usually scans through phone is in jpeg format with more than 6mb property each scan. Maybe you had used some software to desize them and to convert multiple in to one file.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Gowiththeflow
Newly Registered

Post by Gowiththeflow » Fri May 31, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks for the info. I think I'd best rescan everything as PDF format and grayscale to be safe. It also mentions "helpful to keep resolution between 150 – 300 dpi". Can't say I know much about this. Did anyone else adhere to this or have to change scanning settings? I'm just scanning as I usually would. Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 31, 2019 3:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:58 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:29 pm
Gowiththeflow wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
Usually scans through phone is in jpeg format with more than 6mb property each scan. Maybe you had used some software to desize them and to convert multiple in to one file.
No it was pdf. I used apple phone and it creates pdf files very easily. I did resize them as some files were more than 6MB (For example 36 pages as one pdf file was more than 6MB and i resized it).

Gowiththeflow
Newly Registered

Post by Gowiththeflow » Fri May 31, 2019 7:40 pm

uk2k10 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm
Hi,

I might be overthinking, but I have scanned the documents in COLOR and loaded them onto Sopra site.

None of the documents is over 6 MB limit and all were loaded successfully, though on the Sopra instruction pade, I have just noticed they have asked the documents to be loaded in Grayscale or B&W ( I am guessing this is to make sure the file size stays within 6 MB).

Can someone with experience let me know if I should redo the scanning and load the files in B&W.

appointment is tomorrow so any quick response would be much appreciated.

If anyone who has loaded docs in color can confirm that will put my mind to peace.

Worst case if they make an issue out of it at appointment, will they rescan docs in B&W or will that be an issue?

Regards
Hi there. I just wondered how you got on regarding this. Did you upload colour documents or change to black and white? If colour, was this okay? I'm having the same doubts after scanning everything in colour. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:47 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:34 pm
Scans will be checked at the appointment. Color or B/W should not be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice