ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Edit submitted ILR application (New Application Process)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

ILR application with previous refusal history

Post by umarahm3d » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 am

hi,

I moved to UK on 01/04/2014 as TIER 2 General, now I will applying for my ILR in next couple of weeks.
I have a previous refusal history where my visa (Tier 1 Post-Study Work)was rejected back in 2009 due to submitted bank statement which was not authenticated by the bank, hence I was not awarded the 10 points for maintenance.
I am worried if this will be the cause of an issue when applying for the ILR application.
appreciate your feedback.

Mo

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application with previous refusal history

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 am

No it should not be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 am

Thanks Zimba for your prompt response,
Am I correct to understand that for ILR through Tier 2 route ONLY last 5 years of yours in UK are taken into account and not any previous visa history ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 am

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate it :)

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

ILR application submitted with mistake on form

Post by umarahm3d » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:45 am

hi,

I have an appoint on 27th March 2019, form for SET(O) filled and documents uploaded. while rechecking the form I realized that I have made a mistake for one question in Consent section which states

"Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?" I have answered NO.
While I realized that in proof of cohabitation I provided utilities bill which are on my and on my wife's name.
I have already paid the fee for myself and 2 other family member, how can I correct this mistake ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Umar

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

How to Edit submitted ILR application (New Application Process)

Post by umarahm3d » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 pm

hi,

I have an appoint on 27th March 2019, form for SET(O) submitted and documents uploaded. while rechecking the form I realized that I have made a mistake for one question in Consent section which states

"Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?" I have answered NO.
While I realized that in proof of cohabitation I provided utilities bill which are on my and on my wife's name.
I have already paid the fee for myself and 2 other family member, how can I correct this mistake ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Umar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to Edit submitted ILR application (New Application Process)

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:53 pm

You cannot edit the form once it is submitted.

Best to write a BRIEF letter and explain. The problem you might have is by ticking no, you don't necessarily get the link for the relevant consent forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:01 pm

hi,

Thanks for the response, the consent form I got when I completed the application contains 2 parts, part one is signed by me and part 2 signed by my wife, is this what you referring to ?

PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
You (the applicant) should sign the Part 1 consent, and relevant other parties should sign Part 2 and 3, where they are relevant to your application. You must send them with your supporting documents If you fail to do, your application may be refused.
Where any of the information or documentation also relates to someone else (for example a joint bank account or joint utility bill) you should ask that person or persons to sign PART 2 of the consent form.
From the applicant
I understand that the Home Office may check whether the information and documentation that I provide is genuine and correct.
I agree to the provider of the information and documentation telling the Home Office whether it is genuine and/or correct or in what way(s) (if any) it is not genuine and/or correct.
I agree to the disclosure to the Home Office of any relevant data (including personal data) that the provider of the information or documentation holds on me for the above purpose. If I have not supplied correct information or documentation to the Home Office the provider may disclose my relevant correct data (including personal data).
I understand that the information obtained may be used to decide my application and for related purposes.
I understand that providing information or documentation that is not genuine and/or correct will normally result in my application (or subsequent applications) being refused and may lead to my prosecution for a

PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration:
The above-named person (‘the applicant’) has given the Home Office information or documentation and agreed that the Home Office can check that such information or documentation is genuine and/or correct. I am a joint owner with the applicant of some or all of that information or documentation.
I understand that information about the applicant may also reveal information about me.
I agree to the provider of the information or documentation giving the Home Office relevant data (including personal data) that it holds about me. I understand that this only covers data about me in my capacity as joint owner of the relevant information with the applicant (and not about any other information it may hold about me either in my capacity as an individual or jointly together with a third party) and is limited to:
 such relevant data as is necessary to confirm that the information or documentation that the applicant has supplied is genuine and correct;
 if that information or documentation is not correct, relevant data relating to any irregularities, inaccuracies or discrepancies in the information or documentation that the applicant has provided, including as to the correct information that the provider of the information holds.
I understand that this information or documentation may be used to make a decision on the application and for related purposes.
Name and address of joint owner

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Fill a test form & this time answer YES to that question, print off the consent form & upload before your appointment. Answering "NO" shouldn't matter as long have they have correct consent fors.

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi thanks for your response, if I understood correctly the consent form I pasted above is not the same what I will get when I will answer "YES" ?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Yes it should be same. I recently filled one so I know. Sign and date both parts.

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks, I have signed part 1 and why wife have signed part 2, and I have already uploaded the consent form.
Do I still need to write the letter informing about the mistake ?

Thanks

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi umarahm3d,

There are 3 forms, please suggest which forms did you and your wife signed, if you are sharing just the utility bill. Moreover, please suggest did you mention about this in the cover letter, how did it go, will appreciate any answer from you.

Thanks!