ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI checks for ILR application based on Tier 2 [Complex issues raised]

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

UKVI checks for ILR application based on Tier 2 [Complex issues raised]

Post by tier21419 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:37 pm

I submitted my super-priority SET(O) application on 1/03/2019 based on completing 5 years on tier 2 (my first Tier 2 visa was issued on 27/03/2014). I attended a biometric appointment at Cardiff UKVCAS center on 11/03/2019. I was hoping to receive a decision within 24 hours, but on 12/03/2019 morning (within 24 hours) received an email that my application has raised exceptionally complex issues and would require further time to thoroughly consider my case ......

After replying to the email asking if they need any other document, the caseworker replied that they have to check something with another department and will get back to me but don’t know how long it will take.
Please note that I have been with the same employer for 5 years, my salary was raised before my second tier 2 extension (in 2017), but I am exempted from this salary requirement. I have submitted all required documents as listed in the Documents checklist. I have included my Ph.D. Degree as proof of English. Before Tier 2, I was on Doctoral extension scheme and tier 4, came to the UK in 2008.

I was wondering what kind of checks HO could/will make or which department that could/will contact for ILR applications based on Tier 2? These checks should be straight forward and quick, no?
Will they consider my time before Tier 2 and will make checks in that period, that’s why they are taking longer?

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKVI checks for ILR application based on Tier 2 [Complex issues raised]

Post by mullangi1237 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 pm

engrwaseem85 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:37 pm
I submitted my super-priority SET(O) application on 1/03/2019 based on completing 5 years on tier 2 (my first Tier 2 visa was issued on 27/03/2014). I attended a biometric appointment at Cardiff UKVCAS center on 11/03/2019. I was hoping to receive a decision within 24 hours, but on 12/03/2019 morning (within 24 hours) received an email that my application has raised exceptionally complex issues and would require further time to thoroughly consider my case ......

After replying to the email asking if they need any other document, the caseworker replied that they have to check something with another department and will get back to me but don’t know how long it will take.
Please note that I have been with the same employer for 5 years, my salary was raised before my second tier 2 extension (in 2017), but I am exempted from this salary requirement. I have submitted all required documents as listed in the Documents checklist. I have included my Ph.D. Degree as proof of English. Before Tier 2, I was on Doctoral extension scheme and tier 4, came to the UK in 2008.

I was wondering what kind of checks HO could/will make or which department that could/will contact for ILR applications based on Tier 2? These checks should be straight forward and quick, no?
Will they consider my time before Tier 2 and will make checks in that period, that’s why they are taking longer?
may i ask you you received the letter with "complex issues" or "exceptionally complex issues"?

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 pm

mullangi1237 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 pm
engrwaseem85 wrote:

may i ask you you received the letter with "complex issues" or "exceptionally complex issues"?
it was exceptionally complex issues, I think this is a standard letter/email that they send.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:26 am

HO caseworkers possibly perform basic checks to quickly determine if your case is straightforward or not. If not, your case may require finer checks possibly with HMRC or DWP.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:47 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:26 am
HO caseworkers possibly perform basic checks to quickly determine if your case is straightforward or not. If not, your case may require finer checks possibly with HMRC or DWP.
Thanks, @Zimba. But as I mentioned my job is exempt from salary requirements (as I have a PhD level job) and I am employed by an A-rated sponsor for all these 5 qualifying years. I don't think there will be any tax issues.
Or they are other things to check as well?

Or they are possibly checking my time in the UK before my Tier 2 visa?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm

The checks may not have anything to do with taxes at all, it could be anything.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm
The checks may not have anything to do with taxes at all, it could be anything.
for example what other checks?

and will these in the previous 5 years or throughout my stay in the UK (if I apply based on Tier 2 5 years)?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 pm

I do not know specifically. And yes they can look into your immigration history themselves but they told you checks with other departments are being done which means other government bodies. I have no idea you what those checks are

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 pm
I do not know specifically. And yes they can look into your immigration history themselves but they told you checks with other departments are being done which means other government bodies. I have no idea you what those checks are
Thanks!
From your experience on this forum, do these "other departments" reply promptly to UKVI or they take ages (months) to reply?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:39 pm

I do not know

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:39 pm
I do not know
OK, thanks.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Can I ask if you were at the minimum salary for your SOC code or somewhat above it?

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:41 pm

ShrutiBlue wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:30 pm
Can I ask if you were at the minimum salary for your SOC code or somewhat above it?
My SOC code is 2119, with salary rates of
New entrant: £21,600
Experienced worker: £28,000. My salary is above than the experienced worker salary rate.

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Post by mullangi1237 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:00 pm

engrwaseem85 wrote:

Any updates?

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:25 pm

mullangi1237 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:00 pm
engrwaseem85 wrote:

Any updates?
No, Nothing on my side.