ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS Rejected-Institute not on Registered body?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jugnu
Newly Registered

IGS Rejected-Institute not on Registered body?

Post by jugnu » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:09 pm

One of my friend applied for IGS on 3rd June and today he has received a refusal saying that the Institute he studied is not on the registerd body.
But actually the institute is on the registerd list.I have just checked it on the DFES website again . His student visa has been expired but he has been given a right to appeal.

He has right to appeal, should he take some legal represantation on it or do it himself as it being an error on part of the case worker.

Is there any way we can get more clarification on the reason of rejection from home office, I have tried calling 08706067766 and tried speaking to the case worker but could not get through to any one.

All advices would be really appreciated!

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 am

Help please!

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 am

hi,

For the IGS scheme not all institutions in the DFES list is counted. There is a specific list of institutions for the IGS scheme.

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:50 am

iceman010899 wrote:hi,

For the IGS scheme not all institutions in the DFES list is counted. There is a specific list of institutions for the IGS scheme.
Thanks my college is listed but the case worker did not find it.My college is Ealing Hammersmith & West London College but on the refusal letter it is written they can not find Hammersmith and West London College.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:03 am

iceman010899,

What do you mean by that 'For IGS scheme not all institutions in the DFES list is not counted'

Is there any seperate list of institution for IGS??[/b]

zinao

Post by zinao » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:40 am

it may be wise to seek immigration advice. there are some free centers that offer that because it is quite costly especially if you are a student.

if he applies by himself, it may be wise to state exacly where his school is listed. provide the link if possible.

what course is your friend taking? if he is not taking one of the postgraduate courses, he may have trouble.

go to this site and call the number for advice.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/about/contact_us.php

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:49 am

IF yr college is registered than ask yr college to communicate to home office for that

otherwise it will hard for you to defend

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi,

Please check the link below. If your college is not in one of the lists then you cannot apply for IGS. If you are follwing a degree from Imperial in your college then you can apply, etc.

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/