ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years about to complete but HMRC does not have my record!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sikishah
Newly Registered
Mood:

5 years about to complete but HMRC does not have my record!

Post by sikishah » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi All.

My 5 years will be completing this April under Tier2 General and I have been with the same employer since.
I have all of my documents such as

1) Life in UK Test Results
2) English Language Test UKVI
3) P60 slips from employer ( just extra stuff to prove it)
4) 3 months Payslips
5) Letter of employment & absence (for past 5 years)
6) Passports
7) BRP

I have also filled my application online but haven't submitted it yet. The reason is that yesterday, I called the HMRC just to be sure if there is any outstanding tax due basically wanted a green signal from them that all is fine but to my surprise they told me that they don't have any record for my employment (against my National Insurance )since 2014 to which I was shocked. They asked me to tell my employer to contact them. My companies payroll manager has contacted them today and offered to provide them all the P60 forms which shows all the taxes have been paid. HMRC's response was that they will get back to her (manager) next week and will investigate this issue.

My question is I came to UK in 2014 and on a 3 years visa which was extended in 2017 and was granted without any issues. did they not check my employment status then?
Does anyone has experienced this type of issue with HMRC?

This time I just called them by luck as the cost of application is a quite a lot and wanted to be sure.
I am personally thinking to wait for their response and then submit my application but as I have mentioned that I was granted extension in 2017. what do you guys think? to me it seems like a system error. what if it doesn't gets resolved in their systems by next week? should I apply next week and mention this in my application?

BR,
Siki

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Re: 5 years about to complete but HMRC does not have my record!

Post by aplinhar » Tue May 28, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi sikishah,

Sorry to bring this post from the dead, but I am in the same situation: about to apply for IRL and national insurance records missing (but pension is showing in the website).

Called HRMC and they said to send a letter, but to expect a delay in answer (up to October). :?

Did your company contact them in the end? Were they able to solve the problem quicker?

I can see you were granted IRL, which makes me happy. :)

Thanks in advance

sikishah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: 5 years about to complete but HMRC does not have my record!

Post by sikishah » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Aplinhar,

Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this post.

So my employer contacted them and said that I am an employ for x years and have already provided all information related to my Ni number etc and were willing to provide again. According my employer the response was that we will create an incident and investigate the issue.
However, I called the HMRC next day and explained the guy about the whole thing that my employer even called you etc. The guy from HMRC knew what was wrong. He told me that when the account is setup sometimes there was a Typo when entering the NI number. He told me on the call that he has found my account which was linked to a temp NI number and he corrected it and told me that I can check online (after 24 hours as it updates overnight)and he will also post the updated Tax returns.
In my cover letter I mentioned this.. I also attached 5 years P60 for evidence.

Hope it helps.