ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information about immigration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moska923
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Information about immigration

Post by moska923 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi everyone, sorry if have the same topic already but unfortunatelly i didn't find.
I will try to explain my situation and i would like to get some information about the document and procceed.

I'm a citizen of Ukraine, and my wife citizen of Brazil, our destiny bring us to each other. And now my wife got the passport of Italy citizen so it is mean that she can leave and work in any country of europe. And as i am her husband i would like to know if i have some restrictes or rules about leave together with her in one of the country of europe? Talking about europe we are planning to move to Ireland because we have some friends which are already leave there a while. We got beautiful feedbacks and comments about ireland.

Let me tell you more about me, i'm citizen of ukraine and i have biometric passport which give permission to visit countries of europe during 90 days. We are leaving in Brazil now where i also have permanent visa. I didn't ask a second citizen because i can loose my ukrainian. And now as we do have all the documents about maried and etc. Somebody can help me with information about what i have to do when arrive to ireland? if i can work? or i need to required some special documents?

If someone have any information or any situation like this i would like to us your help.

Thanks a lot for attention.

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Information about immigration

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 am

moska923 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 pm
Hi everyone, sorry if have the same topic already but unfortunatelly i didn't find.
I will try to explain my situation and i would like to get some information about the document and procceed.

I'm a citizen of Ukraine, and my wife citizen of Brazil, our destiny bring us to each other. And now my wife got the passport of Italy citizen so it is mean that she can leave and work in any country of europe. And as i am her husband i would like to know if i have some restrictes or rules about leave together with her in one of the country of europe? Talking about europe we are planning to move to Ireland because we have some friends which are already leave there a while. We got beautiful feedbacks and comments about ireland.

Let me tell you more about me, i'm citizen of ukraine and i have biometric passport which give permission to visit countries of europe during 90 days. We are leaving in Brazil now where i also have permanent visa. I didn't ask a second citizen because i can loose my ukrainian. And now as we do have all the documents about maried and etc. Somebody can help me with information about what i have to do when arrive to ireland? if i can work? or i need to required some special documents?

If someone have any information or any situation like this i would like to us your help.

Hi

My wife is from Ukraine.We have recently got ther visa.
So,If your wife lives and works in Ireland then she needs to get together papers so you be able to apply for Visa C but under the directive of Freedom of movement.This you will find in INIS site under Visa C and it says accompany EU spouse.Carefull,NOT visa D join spouce but Vise C. There are quite a few papers for the wife to gather to prove she is resident of Ireland and she works etc.The procedure for visa approval takes about 6 weeks BUT after that you have other applications for Stamp 4 etc.you can find all in the site.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... s+citizens

We have this post along with some othe guys that are EU and have spouses fron non EU countries

ireland/visa-c-application-redirected-i ... 75343.html

Have a look and if you have any questions let me know.

If your wife is not in Ireland and planning to come fors,it will take longer as you can understand

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 am
moska923 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi

My wife is from Ukraine.We have recently got ther visa.
So,If your wife lives and works in Ireland then she needs to get together papers so you be able to apply for Visa C but under the directive of Freedom of movement.This you will find in INIS site under Visa C and it says accompany EU spouse.Carefull,NOT visa D join spouce but Vise C. There are quite a few papers for the wife to gather to prove she is resident of Ireland and she works etc.The procedure for visa approval takes about 6 weeks BUT after that you have other applications for Stamp 4 etc.you can find all in the site.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... s+citizens

We have this post along with some othe guys that are EU and have spouses fron non EU countries

ireland/visa-c-application-redirected-i ... 75343.html

Have a look and if you have any questions let me know.

If your wife is not in Ireland and planning to come fors,it will take longer as you can understand

If your wife is Italian and u can enter in Ireland for upto 90 days u dont need any Visa before coming to Ireland, once u and ur wife is in Ireland she need to have job and then u can apply eufam Visa for u as u will be dependant on her.
Yoi need her job contract letter, bank statement etc.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

moska923
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by moska923 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:10 am

OKay that's great! thank both of you for explanation.
Also during this time i was checking about this process and also i ask one of my friend who is leaving now in Irland, he told me that my wife wife first of all have to get job, bank account place where to leave and of course paper that will confirm it, and after it i can request for a "Stamp 4".
So yeah i do can stay for a 90 days without problem but to work i will need to make this stamp 4. If i'm wrong please correct me.
Thanks everyone.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:17 pm

moska923 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:10 am
Also during this time i was checking about this process and also i ask one of my friend who is leaving now in Irland, he told me that my wife wife first of all have to get job, bank account place where to leave and of course paper that will confirm it, and after it i can request for a "Stamp 4".
So yeah i do can stay for a 90 days without problem but to work i will need to make this stamp 4. If i'm wrong please correct me.
Thanks everyone.
You are correct. You can come as a tourist for 90 days without the visa but most probably you will be declined to get a stamp 4 because you will have entered the country under the wrong visa or no visa at all. You need Stamp 4 to be able to work.
If you are willing to take your chances with the immigration and come anyway as a visitor without visa, it is up to you. INIS pages are very thorough regarding the procedures.

moska923
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by moska923 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:17 pm
moska923 wrote:
Thanks everyone.
You are correct. You can come as a tourist for 90 days without the visa but most probably you will be declined to get a stamp 4 because you will have entered the country under the wrong visa or no visa at all. You need Stamp 4 to be able to work.
If you are willing to take your chances with the immigration and come anyway as a visitor without visa, it is up to you. INIS pages are very thorough regarding the procedures.

Ohhh. So if i come like a visitor they will decline my request for a stamp 4 as you said before.
So can you help me to know how do i supposed to enter the country to do not have some problems like this?
Or if i entry together with my wife it will help me? i mean we can show the document that she has passport of EU and i can show a translation of our wedding.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm

moska923 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:23 pm
Myself_andI wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:17 pm
moska923 wrote:
Thanks everyone.

Ohhh. So if i come like a visitor they will decline my request for a stamp 4 as you said before.
So can you help me to know how do i supposed to enter the country to do not have some problems like this?
Or if i entry together with my wife it will help me? i mean we can show the document that she has passport of EU and i can show a translation of our wedding.
I don't know if they decline it but they might. I had the same idea but I have spoken with people and with INIS by email and told me that it is not the correct way. I didn't want to take the chance and risk my wife's visa because we could not wait one month. Maybe there are others who have done it simply by coming and then applying but those I know we all did it the Visa C way. You can enter the country for 90 days for sure but I don't know how you will justify the change of status from visitor to resident and the application. I don't know, maybe others that have done it may know different. I am only saying what I did and now my wife is with me in the country.

We have submitted for Visa C and we have stated in the visa that we are applying under the Directive freedom of movement Directive 2004/38/EC . We said that in both the Invitation letter and the cover letter so as to be clear and also in the application for the visa, in the site, we have written in in the box of comments.

The visa you will apply for is this http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

It is C but it is for EU citizens that are married to a non-EU. You do not need a D visa. for EU members is this particular one.

Then your wife has to collect a bunch of papers to prove that she is resident and working in Ireland. It says pretty much what it is necessary but if something is unclear ask and I will tell you what I have submitted. My understanding is that you have to be a resident here before you exercise freedom of movement. So, I cannot tell you if you can apply for visa since your wife is not a resident here. I really do not know so I cannot answer that.

You might want to send an email to INIS or to the embassy of Ireland in Italy and Irish embassy in Russia in Moscow and ask them what can be done and what the procedure is in your case.I would suggest to ask them all. In Russian embassy you can also call. You can each them almost always. I think all depend on the response you will receive.

I think you should start from there and see your options of how you can come.