ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application by post a lot quicker than with UKVCAS ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uk-ua-pair

Application by post a lot quicker than with UKVCAS ??

Post by uk-ua-pair » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi,
I submitted my application on Feb 13th, till today there is nothing back yet. I also see that there are more people waiting even from January which used UKVCAS, where application send by post are already on March.

Any thoughts?

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Application by post a lot quicker than with UKVCAS ??

Post by R-graphite » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm

From the mildly indicative statistics from End of January to end of Feb post applications had quicker turnover.
Just an observation!
uk-ua-pair wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm
Hi,
I submitted my application on Feb 13th, till today there is nothing back yet. I also see that there are more people waiting even from January which used UKVCAS, where application send by post are already on March.

Any thoughts?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Postal route seem not to exist anymore as forms/procedures have been removed. The whole point of outsourcing to UKVCAS was to end the postal routes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:50 pm

It is The online route + existing system which has been available end of Jan early Feb, not sure what happened after that. But if we look at the Feb timeline, there is a tendency to conclude that those who used Online +postal have got their approval quicker than the other option.
At the end of the day, it is important to note that we have a small pool of applicants for month of feb in the forum so it is hard to make accurate statistical conclusion.
Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Postal route seem not to exist anymore as forms/procedures have been removed. The whole point of outsourcing to UKVCAS was to end the postal routes
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

pumen1983
Newly Registered

Post by pumen1983 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:22 pm

I used old paper system. Submitted on 29 January. Haven't heard until 25 February. However, once I submitted biometrics (8 March), they approved within 8 business days (20 March).

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:43 pm

That supports my observation :) and congratulations!
pumen1983 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:22 pm
I used old paper system. Submitted on 29 January. Haven't heard until 25 February. However, once I submitted biometrics (8 March), they approved within 8 business days (20 March).

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Post by MsSteel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:59 pm

uk-ua-pair wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm
Hi,

Any thoughts?
Hi, I took the postal route and submitted my application on 14/03. Payment was taken today...pretty fast considering the timeline of others.

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi

I need to apply for my minor children born abroad, they got ILR. I want to send by post, could you please let me know

01. Link for downloading the form, form type
02. Documents need to submit
03. Two references from whom like Doctor, School, GP ?
04. Children born abroad need to have ILR ? when 1 parent is BC & other parent has ILR
05. What are the steps to follow during this process

Thanks & Regards,

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:43 pm

That's what I noticed as well. Online plus sending documents via postal applications get quick turnaround compare to online plus UKVCAS.

I applied in February 2019 using UKVCAS.

Still waiting. I thought at the time of application that postal applications are no more acceptable.

Looks like I made a stupid mistake seeing people getting approvals quickly using old postal method.