ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport lost by HMPO!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joannakabana
Newly Registered

Passport lost by HMPO!

Post by joannakabana » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:44 pm

I am absolutely livid with the passport office right now.

Last Saturday, my husband got the confirmation text to say that his passport was ready. On Monday, he received his supporting documents. Then... nothing.

So yesterday afternoon, he called HMPO and they said his passport was printed on Monday and they don’t know where it is now! They don’t have a tracking number for it so have no idea where it is! What on earth can we do now? My husband is furious because he’s planning to visit his family in June and I feel completely powerless.

Has this ever happened before? Any advice?

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Re: Passport lost by HMPO!

Post by joeano353 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Since they admit it was not sent to you, could they not issue a duplicate?

joannakabana
Newly Registered

Post by joannakabana » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:05 pm

They don’t seem to know what actually happened to it. They thought it had been handed to DX for delivery but only realised they didn’t have a tracking number when my husband pointed it out to them. They were quite surprised!

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:46 pm

they will likely first try to find out what actually happened before cancelling and issuing a new one.
ask them to get you new one as planned holiday or travel is coming. they can get the new one delivered in one week. just stay in touch with them or make a complaint about this to complaint department which might help the process to speed up.

joannakabana
Newly Registered

Post by joannakabana » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Well, despite nagging them every day since Friday, we are still being robbed off with the “we’re investigating” excuse. It it so unreasonable to know where the passport is? Any advice about what we can do? Feeling lost and extremely frustrated.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 am

I have noticed today that the reference number from DX is actually my passport application number without PEX, just the numbers. Try to call DX and give them that number and postcode. Or check online. If you live in a flat with post box not at your door but outside in communal areas they don t live a card or anything, they will send a letter that takes a week to arrive if you have missed the delivery. It happened to me.
If you have your application number call DX with that number, they might have it .