ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR qualifying period confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranarehan

ILR qualifying period confusion

Post by ranarehan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi,

My spouse is currently on Tier-1 (General) dependent route for ILR and here is the history of UK visas for my spouse:

Tier-1 (G) dependent visa ISSUE date (applied from Pakistan): 10 April 2014
Date of first entry to the UK: 10 June 2014
Date of tier-1 (G) dependent extension: 30 May 2016
Expiry of tier-1 (G) dependent extension: 30 May 2019

Is it safe to calculate 5 year ILR qualifying period based on first visa issue date i.e. 10 April 2014 and apply for ILR? If yes, what would we write in date of first entry to the UK when filling the application form?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR qualifying period confusion

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 am

ILR qualifying period will be from visa issue date. However on the form, you must answer what you are asked: the date of entry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have heard some people saying that HO does not have this qualifying period rule starting from first visa issue date very clearly defined for dependents so wanted to check with gurus on this forum.

My friend who replied recently said that I need bank statements for last 3 months and the statements should be stamped and signed from the bank if you have the online copy. Is this correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have heard some people saying that HO does not have this qualifying period rule starting from first visa issue date very clearly defined for dependents so wanted to check with gurus on this forum.
Really?? Stop listening to 'some people'!!!

uk-tier-1-general-dependent-visas/ilr-t ... l#p1583820
vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:42 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 pm
Note the absence (pun intended) of family members in Categories covered by this guidance.
****UPDATE**** PBS dependant category is now covered under the Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK guidance!
This means that PBS dependants may now also take advantage of the following:
Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK wrote:Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering the UK

The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the continuous 12 month period. The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.

If the delay is more than 180 days, you can only include time after the applicant entered the UK in the continuous period calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm
Really?? Stop listening to 'some people'!!!
You are right. I asked this question last year on this forum but there was bit of uncertainty that things might be different in year 2019:

uk-tier-1-general-dependent-visas/pbs-d ... l#p1588830

Is there any requirement for online copies of bank statement to be stamped from bank for ILR applications?

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Could someone please help in answering if electronic bank statements need to be stamped? I am providing joint bank statements covering last 2 years period so its going to be difficult getting all those stamped by the bank.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 pm

ranarehan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm
Could someone please help in answering if electronic bank statements need to be stamped? I am providing joint bank statements covering last 2 years period so its going to be difficult getting all those stamped by the bank.
Yes they do. They must be either original or stamped
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:06 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 pm
ranarehan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm
Yes they do. They must be either original or stamped
(Please correct me if I am wrong) The new system require applicant to upload the documents so how they are going to differentiate between scanned copy of original paper statement (without stamp) and electronic copy of bank statement? I assume HO don't take original documents anymore?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

The rules require you to provide an original statements. It is your choice to provide whatever you like

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 pm

In most cases, There is a small difference in information printed on bank statement Original V printed at Branch or online print. Moreover, they need to see original bank statement on your appointment for SVP etc.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:32 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm
The rules require you to provide an original statements. It is your choice to provide whatever you like
bluebird12 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 pm
In most cases, There is a small difference in information printed on bank statement Original V printed at Branch or online print. Moreover, they need to see original bank statement on your appointment for SVP etc.
Thanks for that info

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:33 am

I have checked around London and there are no free appointments. Any tips of finding free appointment or appointment with not too much cost?

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:06 pm

A big thank you to members and moderators on this forum! ILR application for my wife was successful today.

Now we are going to put the naturalisation application. Is this a requirement that the applicant to be employed or tax payer to be eligible for naturalisation application?

I read this from the AN guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
Self-employed applicants
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self-Assessment Statement of Account.
Which is for self-employed persons. My wife does not work so would that be an issue for her?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:12 pm

ranarehan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:06 pm
A big thank you to members and moderators on this forum! ILR application for my wife was successful today.

Now we are going to put the naturalisation application. Is this a requirement that the applicant to be employed or tax payer to be eligible for naturalisation application?

I read this from the AN guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
Self-employed applicants
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self-Assessment Statement of Account.
Which is for self-employed persons. My wife does not work so would that be an issue for her?
No thats fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Please ask your naturalisation questions in the British citizenship sub forum as they are not relevant to the ILR sub forum or this ILR queries topic.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:32 am

Okay

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Please ask your naturalisation questions in the British citizenship sub forum as they are not relevant to the ILR sub forum or this ILR queries topic.

british-citizenship/
Is my wife required to destroy and return the old BRP after getting ILR BRP?

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:09 pm

ranarehan wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:13 am
Is my wife required to destroy and return the old BRP after getting ILR BRP?
Does anyone know answer to my question?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 am

The letter will tell you what to do.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:27 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 am
The letter will tell you what to do.
Okay. Haven't got the letter yet.