ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married, spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

4ffy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Getting married, spouse visa questions

Post by 4ffy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:11 am

I am getting married shortly in Pakistan. When I come back I would like to submit the application ASAP and do it myself. Is there any tips anyone can provide as to what needs to be completed in pakistan and also what is Biometric? (my nearest city is Islamabad)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Getting married, spouse visa questions

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:29 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

4ffy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by 4ffy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:46 am

Thank You for the link. Is everything not done online now? Hence no requirement to post documents or do you still fill the application on line and also post the supporting documents to Sheffield?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:19 am

4ffy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:46 am
Thank You for the link. Is everything not done online now? Hence no requirement to post documents or do you still fill the application on line and also post the supporting documents to Sheffield?
I believe the initial application still involves an online form but this is printed and along with all evidence is posted to Sheffield.

Applicant would take their passport and copy of online form (although they don’t look at it) to the appointment at Islamabad.

Rough wait time is 3 months.

The online process/scanning of documents relates to the Further Leave to Remain application which would be made after completing the initial 2.5 year period in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:28 am

ariamus wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:19 am
4ffy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:46 am
I believe the initial application still involves an online form but this is printed and along with all evidence is posted to Sheffield.

Applicant would take their passport and copy of online form (although they don’t look at it) to the appointment at Islamabad.

Rough wait time is 3 months.

The online process/scanning of documents relates to the Further Leave to Remain application which would be made after completing the initial 2.5 year period in UK.
The process appears to have recently changed in Pakistan. Other members have posted about it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.