ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cvadesign
Newly Registered
Thailand

Irish Citizenship application

Post by cvadesign » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi there,

I was just wondering. Ive been in NI for over 10 years under EEA/ permeant residency with no restrictions. Came here with my mum and my step father (Irish) and also have younger siblings who are Irish and I'm the only one in my family that has an Thai passport with EEA sticker stamp on the passports. My mum has just got her Irish certificate last year in 2018 and I was wondering if i can get an Irish passport under my mother? Or do I have to apply by Naturalisation?

gzckrg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application

Post by gzckrg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:57 am

cvadesign wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:11 pm
Hi there,

I was just wondering. Ive been in NI for over 10 years under EEA/ permeant residency with no restrictions. Came here with my mum and my step father (Irish) and also have younger siblings who are Irish and I'm the only one in my family that has an Thai passport with EEA sticker stamp on the passports. My mum has just got her Irish certificate last year in 2018 and I was wondering if i can get an Irish passport under my mother? Or do I have to apply by Naturalisation?
You most likely have to apply by Naturalisation. But I'd send an email to INIS, just to be sure.
There is a short list of questions here to determine if you can have citizenship by descent. And I don't think you fit for that.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... th-descent