ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New service Sopera & Steria service confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irfan1648
Pakistan

New service Sopera & Steria service confusion

Post by Irfan1648 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:11 am

Hi all,
I have submitted my application and book the free appointment next month , there was an option I can pay for the service and scan my documents and upload on their website,
If I login now on sopera steria it has an option upload documents even though I didn’t pay extra charges
Can anyone help me with this process please
Should I just wait for the appointment and my all the documents will be scanned at sopera steria or I need to upload on their website?
Any one sharing experience will be much appreciated

anamariap
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: New service Sopera & Steria service confusion

Post by anamariap » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:37 am

Hi, not a big expert but have done my application recently. You can upload your documents or let them upload them for you during the appointment.
I am also unclear what that extra 35£ optional charge is for - my best guess is that they mean if you pay that and you upload the documents beforehand, they would pre-check said documents before your appointment. In other words, the appointment would take less time cause the check is done while you are not there.
I would not trust them with this, though, they hardly know what they are doing anyways.

In my case, I did not pay the extra fee and I uploaded my documents myself. I did ask them to re-scan one of them as I wasn't happy with the quality.

Best of luck with your application!

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:55 am

Hi anam thank you for your reply ,
So you uploaded your documents prior to your appointment on their website ?
Do we have to upload the completed application form as well ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:01 am

Do we have to upload the completed application form as well ?
No, as this has already been submitted online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:32 am

Thank you for your Reoly CR001
I find your posts really useful, can you please advice as we have submitted our family application (1adults & child EEA 1 adult non EEA with PR)
Should I scan and upload all the documents or take them to appointment for them to scan ... very confused 😐, your advice will be much appreciated

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:39 pm

I would be very thankful if anyone else will share their experience or knowledge!!!

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:30 pm

@anamariap already shared their experience and recommendation. I agree and it seems to be the general consensus on the topic discussing Sopra Steria topic (have a look https:british-citizenship/experiences-using-new-ukvcas-for-naturalisation-citizenship-applications-t269057-440.html ) ---
  • upload as much as you can yourself;
  • bring all documents to the centre at the appointment;
  • they will scan what you couldn't (there may be an extra fee for this in future, but until recently there wasn't);
  • they will always scan all valid passports (or at least one other proof of identity).
There are more useful details in the topic and other topics too on details of which appointments are free, which are paid and how much, what is available, locations, some teething problems, but getting better. So, have a read-through.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Many thanks @Vaza, you are really helpful !