ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sopra Steria appointment- photo requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tresgoya

Tax Return Form issue

Post by tresgoya » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:00 pm

I used to be self - employed (sole trader) for 2 years.

I used to submit my tax return online and was going to include the copies one can print out from the platform, as supporting documents. These have 'copy only, do not send to HMRC' or 'for your records only' notes on the pages.

When I phoned the HO about this, I was told that I should only submit original documents and should call HMRC and request the forms to be sent out, which could delay the application by at least 2 weeks.

Does this sound right? When I applied to perm residency, I just submitted whatever you can print out from the portal as supporting document. I really don't want to sit on my application for another two weeks.

Ta

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Tax Return Form issue

Post by R-graphite » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:33 pm

I dont think this is right! Even HMRC tells you to use the online documents available.
tresgoya wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:00 pm

I used to submit my tax return online and was going to include the copies one can print out from the platform, as supporting documents. These have 'copy only, do not send to HMRC' or 'for your records only' notes on the pages.

When I phoned the HO about this, I was told that I should only submit original documents and should call HMRC and request the forms to be sent out, which could delay the application by at least 2 weeks.

Does this sound right? When I applied to perm residency, I just submitted whatever you can print out from the portal as supporting document. I really don't want to sit on my application for another two weeks.

Ta
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Also, you can provide a tax statement which is available online. That doesnt have ‘Copy only’ stamped on it.

R-graphite wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:33 pm
I dont think this is right! Even HMRC tells you to use the online documents available.
tresgoya wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Ta
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

tresgoya

Post by tresgoya » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks. I thought it was odd he said that. I used the online print-outs for perm residency 2 years ago and they seemed to be fine with that.

tresgoya

Referee form panic

Post by tresgoya » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:22 pm

I submitted my application - thanks to this board for all the help.

I'm just in the middle of uploading docs and noticed that on the referee form the instructions say that the form needs to be filled out by the referee.

I was the one who filled out the 'name of the applicant' section and then the other side is - of course - signed and dated by the referees.

Is it going to be an issue that the name of the applicant is not filled out by the referee, which is rather obvious due to the hand writing?

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Re: Referee form panic

Post by MsSteel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi, I made the same mistake as you and only realised AFTER posting my application (I opted for paper/postal application). Can you upload a cover letter explaining this?
I very much doubt it will be an issue and I'm certain if it is, your caseworker would ask you to resubmit.
I find the caseworkers at UKVI to be helpful and reasonable, based on communications over my PR application.
All the best!
tresgoya wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:22 pm
I submitted my application - thanks to this board for all the help.

I'm just in the middle of uploading docs and noticed that on the referee form the instructions say that the form needs to be filled out by the referee.

I was the one who filled out the 'name of the applicant' section and then the other side is - of course - signed and dated by the referees.

Is it going to be an issue that the name of the applicant is not filled out by the referee, which is rather obvious due to the hand writing?

katanayi
Mood:

Re: Referee form panic

Post by katanayi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:02 am

Even I did the same.

Referee form itself is the confusion for me. It says write name and date of birth back of the photos and glue it.
To make easy to referee, I typed applicant name before print and then the person put his details. I don't think, it is should be an issue.

tresgoya

English test number

Post by tresgoya » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm

I have my UKVCAS appointment tomorrow evening and was just double-checking the docs on the guide. For the English test it says the following:

a Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, from the
Secure English Language Test list. You must ensure that you state the test
number in your application,

there was no section to state the test number on the online application. Hence, I never did. Should I have put it in the note? Is this gonna be a problem?

peter88
Newly Registered

Re: English test number

Post by peter88 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:16 am

In the "English Language" section there is a question of how did you obtain your results. It gives you 2 options - Certificate or Online Reference.

If you select Certificate -there is no field to enter its number as you are expected to send it with your application.

If you select Online Reference -a box appears and asks for your unique test number.

You must have chosen the wrong option.

Include your ceritificate with your application and/or include a covering letter explaining that youve picked the wrong option and quote your unique test reference ID - it should not be a problem.

Hope this helps

tresgoya

Sopra Steria appointment- photo requirement

Post by tresgoya » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Hi,

Had my appointment today and I'm equally confused, pissed and worried.

On the Sopra site, it's stated that 'if you apply via EEA route then you need to bring a passport photo to the appointment, which they will scan and upload.

I assume this would be applicable to me, me being from the EU. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

Anyway, agent submits the application. Then on my way out I vaguely remember why I brought the photos, so I go back. The manager offers to load it, but insists on loading two, instead of one, despite my protest that it says on the site to load one. On top of everything, now their IT has to withdraw my application tomorrow to attach the stupid photos and resubmit it, which is freaking me out as I do not trust them.

Has any of you had similar experience with the photos, or having something added to an application that already had been subitted ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sopra Steria appointment- photo requirement

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm

You are not making an application under the EU route, ie a residence card or PR.

You are applying for citizenship, no photos required other than the ones stuck to the referee forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tresgoya

Post by tresgoya » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm
You are not making an application under the EU route, ie a residence card or PR.

You are applying for citizenship, no photos required other than the ones stuck to the referee forms.
Thanks. Sorry. It wasnt clear for me from the online text. Great. So now they are recalling for nothing....

ChristoforosP
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by ChristoforosP » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Genuine question: If we are going to glue the photo on the form then what's the purpose of writing at the back of it?

tresgoya

Post by tresgoya » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 pm

ChristoforosP wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm
Genuine question: If we are going to glue the photo on the form then what's the purpose of writing at the back of it?
They didn't even look at the original forms. None. Just passport.

ChristoforosP
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by ChristoforosP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 am

Another genuine question please.

Do we get to keep our passport? They take a copy and give it back to you? I need to book a holiday and this is stressing me out!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 am

ChristoforosP wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 am
Another genuine question please.

Do we get to keep our passport? They take a copy and give it back to you? I need to book a holiday and this is stressing me out!
You should ask your questions in your own topic you already have instead of tagging them onto another members thread, as the forum rules clearly state.

british-citizenship/evidence-for-natura ... l#p1766838

if you use Sopra service, yes you keep your passport!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.