ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! - Apply for Residence Card withouth EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

alespedro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

HELP! - Apply for Residence Card withouth EEA FP

Post by alespedro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 am

Hello everyone!
I am in the UK under a visitor visa, which will expire on sep 19.I am married to an EEA Member, who lives and works in the UK for some years. We have got married two weeks ago on his home country.

Why I did not request a FP?
I know FP must be done OUTSIDE UK, but after marriage I did not want to stay away from my husband so soon, therefore I decided to come and stay with him for a while, prior to going back and applying for the FP. (I have a flight back on 24th this month)

BUT
After reading some information online, I started to wonder if, since FP is just for 6 months and an entry allowance, could I skip FP and request a residence card directly? Would home office see this as a legitimate request?

OBS.: My husband already has a pre-settle approval - but reading the forums here, it looks like more complicated right now to this process. I would try the residence card, then the pre-settle.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your thoughts on this.

kamoe
European Union

Re: HELP! - Apply for Residence Card withouth EEA FP

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 pm

alespedro wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 am
After reading some information online, I started to wonder if, since FP is just for 6 months and an entry allowance, could I skip FP and request a residence card directly? Would home office see this as a legitimate request?
Yes. This is totally legitimate. Not everyone who marries a EU or British citizen marries them abroad and not everyone comes to the UK for the first time after their marriage. Many people are already in the UK under different visas (student, worker, etc.) when they marry, so not everyone needs to apply for a FP. For examples of this, if you take a look at the timelines thread for RC you will see that sometimes people post what visas they are switching from.
OBS.: My husband already has a pre-settle approval - but reading the forums here, it looks like more complicated right now to this process.
It all depends on your situation, for some people is straightforward and for some is more complicated than the residence card. As I said in this similar post, a good way to do it is apply for both, but really it ultimately depends on your preference. You will see other people argue in favour of only applying for Pre-Settled. It is really up to you.
I would try the residence card, then the pre-settle.
It is a possible way to do it, yes.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

alespedro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: HELP! - Apply for Residence Card withouth EEA FP

Post by alespedro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Thank you so much dear Kamoe!
I will keep reading more information here at the forum and will share my future experiences. :)