ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport - Online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

singh85
Newly Registered

British passport - Online

Post by singh85 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:07 pm

1) My wife's Indian passport now expired.

Is that fine with British passport application?

2) What are the details need to provide about the person who will confirm the identity in the online application? ( unable to proceed to that step without making the payment)

3) What are the questions asked in the identity verification process from the person who will confirm the identity?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport - Online

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 pm

You must only apply once she has attended her ceremony, which you stated was only in May.

1. No issue.

2. She needs a professional referee and it is their personal details etc.

3. What do you mean 'questions'???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

singh85
Newly Registered

Post by singh85 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 pm
You must only apply once she has attended her ceremony, which you stated was only in May.

1. No issue.

2. She needs a professional referee and it is their personal details etc.
Thank you. Regarding 2) ^^ would we just need the professional referee's name and email?
3. What do you mean 'questions'???
What info the referee should know about the applicant? e.g name , date of birth , address etc.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm

3) What are the questions asked in the identity verification process from the person who will confirm the identity?
Apologies my answer below relates to the situation if HMPO call the applicant for an interview. I haven't seen any feedback regarding what referees are being asked, if anything. They should know you anyway.

A passport applicant may or may not be called to an interview - this is an identity interview.
Apart from basic personal details you may be asked about how you travelled to the interview by bus/underground/etc, what phone contract you got, how many credit cards you got and with which providers, how many siblings you got, etc. etc. That was my experience two years ago. So no fixed catalog of questions.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:49 pm

When you provide their email, you will get an email back with what information about you they will be asked so you can provide them. This happened in my daughter's case, and they have asked the referee about her place of birth and if the photo is hers. On our case, they have only asked them to confirm our photo and address.
You don't have to provide any other details for the referee, they will do it themselves by email, mine were asked about their names, address, passport number and occupation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:40 pm

singh85 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:07 pm
1) My wife's Indian passport now expired.

Is that fine with British passport application?

2) What are the details need to provide about the person who will confirm the identity in the online application? ( unable to proceed to that step without making the payment)

Thank you
I recently applied my daughter’s British Passport.

2) Just the name and email address.

3) Simple questions:

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... s-identity
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:47 pm

The online system is very efficient. You get an email notification at every stage even when the referee confirms your identity. You can track every stage.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.