ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application and proof of parental responsibilities

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mfawazt
Mood:

Citizenship application for family of 5

Post by mfawazt » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi all,
My wife, three children and I are going to apply for neutralisation this month.
after creating the account and filling my info, can I add my wife as Additional applicant? or should she create her own account? as when I added her to my application, I noticed that the questions for her are different from mine (no passport or travel document details are required for example).

Also, do I have to book an appointment to submit the documents or is it possible to just send them by post??

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship application for family of 5

Post by terriblescream » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:08 pm

mfawazt wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 pm
Hi all,
My wife, three children and I are going to apply for neutralisation this month.
after creating the account and filling my info, can I add my wife as Additional applicant? or should she create her own account? as when I added her to my application, I noticed that the questions for her are different from mine (no passport or travel document details are required for example).

Also, do I have to book an appointment to submit the documents or is it possible to just send them by post??
You can add your wife and children to the same application. The questions will be different for each application - do not worry about that.

I think the post option is no longer available so you have to book an appointment with UKVCAS for Biometrics and you can upload the documents yourself, ahead of appointment.

mfawazt
Mood:

Re: Citizenship application for family of 5

Post by mfawazt » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I have another question, please.
We are refugees here and I don't have my children birth certificates, I only have copies of their passports (which are held by the home office). the passports have the names of the children's parents. will this be enough as proof of parental responsibilities?

mfawazt
Mood:

Citizenship application and proof of parental responsibilities

Post by mfawazt » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:10 pm

We are refugees (family of 5) in the UK and applying for neutralization. I don't have my children birth certificates, I only have copies of their passports (which are held by the home office). the passports have the first names of the children's parents. will this be enough as proof of parental responsibilities?

Also in the required documents is A letter of consent for the children from both parents. is there a specific format for this?