ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received British Naturalisation - Unsure whether apply for British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rose82
Newly Registered

Applied British citizenship but not received any acknowledgement

Post by rose82 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi Sirs,

I really need help from experts

I recently applied my British citizenship from new service (Sopra Steria) on 17th December and also gave my bio-metrics over there but I haven't received any acknowledgment letter yet..

I really don't understand why I haven't received yet and is there any number to contact them to find out please

Appreciate your help

Thanks

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: Applied British citizenship but not received any acknowledgement

Post by johnhkg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:56 am

You will have received an email from UKVI confirming receipt of your application a day or two after your submitted it online. You do not get another acknowledgment from Sopra Steria or UKVI after attending your biometric appointment.

rose82
Newly Registered

Received British Naturalisation - Unsure whether apply for British passport

Post by rose82 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Experts,

Need urgent help

I have applied for Joint application for British application and Passport in December 2018.

And Today I have received my British naturalisation certificate and I am not sure whether do I have to apply for passport now or will it come automatically?

I am not getting correct answers for the above query from anyone.

I have also checked my bank statement and it was deducted GBP 1349.00 at the time of submitting application form online sometime in December 2018.

Can anyone please clarify urgently as a matter of urgency. Is there any contact number to call on the above query. Please let me know next steps urgently guys as I need to travel abroad ASAP.

Many thanks guys

Thanks

Rose

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Received British Naturalisation - Unsure whether apply for British passport

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

If you applied under JCAP (naturalisation and passport) then your passport will be issued after you have attended the ceremony. You can call the HMPO enquiry line and explain you query:
https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line
It will help if you have some kind of reference number for the passport application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 pm

I have also checked my bank statement and it was deducted GBP 1349.00 at the time of submitting application form online sometime in December 2018.
If you have applied and paid online then you could not have applied for a passport because JCAP was discontinued by December 2018.
It would appear you did not apply for a passport, and need to apply now separately.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Topics merged.

You did not make a joint citizenship and passport application.

As you have attended your ceremony, you now apply for the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.