ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QP for giving RC to my non EEA husband?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ainhoashqiptare
Newly Registered
Albania

QP for giving RC to my non EEA husband?

Post by ainhoashqiptare » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 am

Good morning!

I am a Spanish woman and my husband is an Albanian citizen. We arrived here in the UK almost one month ago with an EEA family permit for him.

I understand that my husband should apply for a Residence Card although he can have the renewal of the EEA family permit if I am working here, but in our very first day in the UK, a Immigration police told us to apply for residence card for him if we want to go out and re enter the country, as like this there won't have problems.

When applying for the residence card for my husband, I am seeing that I should do it by applying myself for a Qualified Person, although it is supposed that it is not necessary for me to do that for being Spanish.

So I have some questions that maybe you could answer for helping me to understand.

- Should I apply for a QP in order to give my husband a Residence card?
- Should the passport be there in Home Office while processing the application? As I read it can last up to 6 months and I don't consider it is a good idea to have my husband's passport out for long time as this is the only proof he has to show he is legal here in the UK
- Is the QP a Residence card or just my husband would receive the RC?
- As I am expecting to starting working in 2 weeks from now (I have induction days in a company in which I passed the interview but it is like a paid practise period), should I apply like a jobseeker or is it better to wait until I have my work contract?

Thanks!

ainhoashqiptare
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: QP for giving RC to my non EEA husband?

Post by ainhoashqiptare » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Can anyone help me with this, please? Thanks

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi ainhoashqiptare,

It is not mandatory, he can use the "EEA Family Member" form. Or you can use the QP form and add him as your Family Member, that would automatically make him apply for a RC.

- Should the passport be there in Home Office while processing the application? As I read it can last up to 6 months and I don't consider it is a good idea to have my husband's passport out for long time as this is the only proof he has to show he is legal here in the UK

Yes, but it is not that long. Check the post of EEA2 processing times. It is 6 weeks maximum today.

Just your husband. You will receive what is called a Registration Certificate.

- As I am expecting to starting working in 2 weeks from now (I have induction days in a company in which I passed the interview but it is like a paid practise period), should I apply like a jobseeker or is it better to wait until I have my work contract?

Better wait until you have the contract signed.

You can also try applying for the EU Settlement Scheme, it is a lot easier, faster, and they don't take your passport.

ainhoashqiptare
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by ainhoashqiptare » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Thanks for the answer :)

If I did not read wrong, I think that my husband should have a RC before applying to EU Settlement Scheme. Is that true or could I apply right now for the Settlement Scheme?

Thanks again :)
jmedina wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm
Hi ainhoashqiptare,

It is not mandatory, he can use the "EEA Family Member" form. Or you can use the QP form and add him as your Family Member, that would automatically make him apply for a RC.

Yes, but it is not that long. Check the post of EEA2 processing times. It is 6 weeks maximum today.

Just your husband. You will receive what is called a Registration Certificate.

Better wait until you have the contract signed.

You can also try applying for the EU Settlement Scheme, it is a lot easier, faster, and they don't take your passport.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 pm

ainhoashqiptare wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm
Thanks for the answer :)

If I did not read wrong, I think that my husband should have a RC before applying to EU Settlement Scheme. Is that true or could I apply right now for the Settlement Scheme?

Thanks again :)
You can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme right away, without going through the EEA Resident Card.

See this:
eea-route-applications/apply-to-the-eea ... l#p1771653