ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit to Gibraltar

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

2017Mohammed2017
Newly Registered
Morocco

Visit to Gibraltar

Post by 2017Mohammed2017 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi to all members.
Just quick question. I want to visit Gibraltar with my British wife for 4 days .I'm holding Moroccan passport and residence permit valid for 27 months. As I'm still confuse if I need to apply for visa or not .many thanks for any valuable answers.

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Re: Visit to Gibraltar

Post by GuerillaMethod » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:49 pm

2017Mohammed2017 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:11 pm
Hi to all members.
Just quick question. I want to visit Gibraltar with my British wife for 4 days .I'm holding Moroccan passport and residence permit valid for 27 months. As I'm still confuse if I need to apply for visa or not .many thanks for any valuable answers.
Might be irrelevant but thought I share my experience of visiting Northern Ireland with others.

When I went to a simple trip to Belfast (being an asylum seeker) and was questioned a lot. I will never think about going there again and taking that risk!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:12 pm

GuerillaMethod wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:49 pm
2017Mohammed2017 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:11 pm
Hi to all members.
Might be irrelevant but thought I share my experience of visiting Northern Ireland with others.

When I went to a simple trip to Belfast (being an asylum seeker) and was questioned a lot. I will never think about going there again and taking that risk!
Your circumstances are completely different to the op.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

2017Mohammed2017
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by 2017Mohammed2017 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Any useful answers.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:37 pm

My understanding is that a Moroccan national residing legally in the UK will need a visitor visa unless the exemption below applies or they hold a multi-entry Schengen visa.

(h) visa nationals who are permanently resident in UK as long as they have not been away from the UK for over two years.

See the official guidance in the link below:
https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/civil-stat ... mmigration
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:07 am

You don't need a visa:

(f) persons holding EU issued family permits, UK Residence Permits valid for a period of 6 months or more, UK Biometric Residence permits or a UK multiple entry visa issued for 6 months or more.

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/civil-stat ... mmigration

MochiPet
Newly Registered

Post by MochiPet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 am

You don’t need a visit visa. Gibraltar will honour your 27mos resident permit visa. For your peace of mind drop a line at the HM Gibraltar Embassy : 02078360777.

Just to share-
My in laws visited last December, had multiple UK entry visa for 6mos and Schengen visa as they were going to Spain, Portugal and France. Unfortunately they had an issue with a flight to Malaga and ended up getting flight to Gibraltar. Gibraltar just looked at their UK Visit visa and they were cleared to go.

Good luck and hope you guys enjoy Gibraltar.