ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JOb market in C/C++ experience

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sunny@Blore
Newly Registered

JOb market in C/C++ experience

Post by Sunny@Blore » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 am

Hi all,

I am planning to aplly for Tier-1 visa for woking in UK. I have work exp in C++, Oracle on Solaris/RHEL 4.0 of 3 years. How is the job market these days in UK for this domain. Is it necessary for me quit my Job here and search a job there.

How is C/C++ Job market compared to java. I have worked one year in java and comfortable with JSP, servlet, HIbernate etc. If the need be i can siwtch into java anytime. Please advice me.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: JOb market in C/C++ experience

Post by gotcha » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 am

Sunny@Blore wrote:Hi all,

I am planning to aplly for Tier-1 visa for woking in UK. I have work exp in C++, Oracle on Solaris/RHEL 4.0 of 3 years. How is the job market these days in UK for this domain. Is it necessary for me quit my Job here and search a job there.

How is C/C++ Job market compared to java. I have worked one year in java and comfortable with JSP, servlet, HIbernate etc. If the need be i can siwtch into java anytime. Please advice me.
I assume , you are having total IT exp of 3 years, out of which 1 year in Java.

You will find it difficult here to start. I advice you to wait for another year or more. Experience is very important thing here.

Majority of time, you need to come here to get an offer. There are few exceptions.

Spend some time, to research job scenarios here. Be sure about your skills. Plan plan and plan, before comming here.

junior

Post by junior » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:44 am

Java is surely a *HOT* skill as of now in the UK IT market. Try and see for jobs on the prominent IT jobs site of UK. You will find many openings for Java developer role. Try and see in which ones of those you fit well into the bill of requirements. I am sure you can manage to find something appropriate for yourself.

Of course, no of years i.e. experience matters a lot.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:10 am

junior wrote:Java is surely a *HOT* skill as of now in the UK IT market. Try and see for jobs on the prominent IT jobs site of UK. You will find many openings for Java developer role. Try and see in which ones of those you fit well into the bill of requirements. I am sure you can manage to find something appropriate for yourself.

He is having 1 year exp in Java, that is not enough for this job market. Remeber, he need to earn min level of salary for extension.

Of course, no of years i.e. experience matters a lot.
Yes, thats my point, if should he had 3 years of Java exp, then things would have different.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 pm

I was in C++ before coming to UK. C++ market is not that great. One has to be a C++ developer on linux and some good domain experience.I see more jobs in VC++ or graphical programming here than core C++ opportunities. If u know C++, VC++ and C# , it can make a great combination.
Some jobs require C++ along with java also.