ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Clarification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khana90
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Clarification

Post by Khana90 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of completing my wife's spouse Visa application. I am a British citizen.

I understand the Home Office has now created an online application service (straight forward in comparison to the old website).

However, the online service still refers to Appendix 2 form. I am not sure who needs to send this and where? Is this something my wife needs to submit to the Visa centre in the origin country OR do I complete and submit this form to submit to the Home Office?

I will be grateful for clarification around this.

Many thanks.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Re: Spouse Visa Clarification

Post by Sumit_sam » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 am

Khana90 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 pm
Hello,

I am in the process of completing my wife's spouse Visa application. I am a British citizen.

I understand the Home Office has now created an online application service (straight forward in comparison to the old website).

However, the online service still refers to Appendix 2 form. I am not sure who needs to send this and where? Is this something my wife needs to submit to the Visa centre in the origin country OR do I complete and submit this form to submit to the Home Office?

Many thanks.
Hi

Your wife will just need to submit visa application form and biometrics.
Rest all the documents including application reprinted with pp size photo pasted will go to Sheffield home office... at least it was the process in our case in January 2019.

Now days ,system is changed, by UKVI you can get your documents scanned yourself or at your nearest VFS in UK... Check their website for your nearest VFS for submission of supporting documents.

Thanks.

Khana90
Newly Registered

Post by Khana90 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

When you state the application form, is that the online completed, printed form?

What about Appendix 2? I note that the information requested therein has been addressed in the main online form anyways.

Many thanks,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Khana90 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm
Thank you for your prompt response.

When you state the application form, is that the online completed, printed form?

What about Appendix 2? I note that the information requested therein has been addressed in the main online form anyways.

Many thanks,
If you check then will notice that online form won't ask anything about how you will meet the financial requirement which is purely being asked in appendix 2. At the time of biometrics enrolment at abroad appendix 2 is not needed unless the local vfs centre has the facility of scanning & sending the documents to sheffield themselves.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Khana90 wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Hello,

You will need to download, printout and complete the Appendix 2 form and send it to the Sheffield Office along with the printout of your online application and all your supporting documents.

Ensure, you also send with the documents a blank special delivery envelope (addressed to yourself) so the HO can return your documents to you. This will cost you around £12.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 pm
Khana90 wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Hello,

You will need to download, printout and complete the Appendix 2 form and send it to the Sheffield Office along with the printout of your online application and all your supporting documents.

Ensure, you also send with the documents a blank special delivery envelope (addressed to yourself) so the HO can return your documents to you. This will cost you around £12.

Thanks
Many members are reporting that sending the supporting documents to Sheffield has been changed and now sponsor has to visit & scan them in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:48 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 pm
Jhelumi wrote:
Khana90 wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Hello,

Thanks
Many members are reporting that sending the supporting documents to Sheffield has been changed and now sponsor has to visit & scan them in UK.
That is correct Seagul

Khana90
Newly Registered

Post by Khana90 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 am

Thank you all. Really helpful.

Seagul: what do you mean by 'visit'? Does the sponsor visit the HO in Sheffield?

The guidelines on the Gov website aren't that clear on this matter.

Many thanks.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 pm
Jhelumi wrote:
Khana90 wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Hello,

Thanks
"Has to"?

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 am

Khana90 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 am
Thank you all. Really helpful.

Seagul: what do you mean by 'visit'? Does the sponsor visit the HO in Sheffield?

The guidelines on the Gov website aren't that clear on this matter.

Many thanks.
Hello,

Seagul is referring to this service:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

I'm not aware that the above (since 27 March 2019) is now the new method to submit applications, so I cannot comment on that.

Normally, people send all their documents to sheffield at the following address:

Home Office,
International Settlement Applications Operations and Visas,
6 Mill Sands,
Vulcan House,
Sheffield,
S3 8NH

itsmehmood
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by itsmehmood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:06 pm

hello

I have applied for my spouse who is in Pakistan. I am British. I am now on day 67 of the application. What are the signs of visa approval? does anyone know any signs of visa approval/refusal? I had no calls nor has my wife. they havnt called my employer either...the wait kills.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:42 pm

itsmehmood wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:06 pm
hello

I have applied for my spouse who is in Pakistan. I am British. I am now on day 67 of the application. What are the signs of visa approval? does anyone know any signs of visa approval/refusal? I had no calls nor has my wife. they havnt called my employer either...the wait kills.
The first sign of a refusal is generally when the full IHS fee is refunded.

You can get an idea of the processing times from the Pakistan Timeline Only Thread in the link below.
However, no question posts there please.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 1-980.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Pakistan visa is typically 90 days so you have around 3 weeks left.

You might still receive a ‘your case is not straightforward email’ around 90 days if they feel they can’t make your decision in time. It doesn’t mean there is an issue, it’s to cover their back so far as notifications.

Yoyo1977
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Yoyo1977 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:50 am

@Sumit_sam.

Do you know how to track visa application in UK. Have tried but all declined it is been 3 weeks since I submitted my documents to Ukvcas office. But still haven't received anything.

Please help me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:07 am

Yoyo1977 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:50 am
@Sumit_sam.

Do you know how to track visa application in UK. Have tried but all declined it is been 3 weeks since I submitted my documents to Ukvcas office. But still haven't received anything.

Please help me
User 'Sumit_sam' is no longer a member of the forum. Can you also please keep your questions in your own topic where you already asked this and got responses.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1775608
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.