ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wtf?!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Wtf?!

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Hey all

So here I am, minding my own business, anticipating I'll have to ask my employer for an advance when I next go in (long story, but thankfully seems irrelevant now, unless any of you lovely people are going to spoil my day :roll: ) to be able to apply for a spouse visa. I'm due a tiny bit of pay tonight, but omitting this, I thought I'd calculate my pay to date to give me a bit of context in relation to the financial requirement (I'm planning on applying as a non salaried person. My example is more or less exactly that given in the guidance section 5.1 (example C)). I've hardly been looking at my wage slips to date (the last 3 came whilst I was on holiday), so that's contributed to the confusion.

Having looked at my wage slips, there appear to be massive discrepancies. There is my pay (usually £1900-£2100), but there are a few additional payments for some months ("pensionable payment" and whatnot) for similar amounts. All this has resulted in my wage slip for some months showing up to £6000 gross pay! Even on emergency tax, I still have been receiving £1200-£1300 (after deductions) per month so never thought to double check. So my gross pay for 5 months (not counting the last month) is £17+ thousand.

However (there's always a however), my wage slip does say "payments" which is my actual payment (before any deductions). Will this be used instead of gross pay? Even using this, I still meet the minimum (obviously a lot closer, but I just edge over the requirement when you /6 and x12 even for 5 months).

And another however. The final pay that I'm expecting (and the reason I was planning on speaking to my employer about an advance) should be for april. However, because of a complicated situation which may or may not force me to issue legal proceedings, I don't anticipate receiving very much. It's holiday pay and amounts to less than £100 (it's for 1 of the locations I work at). Will they use this instead for the /6 and x12 as it's the lowest amount I'll have earned in the 6 months I'm using? If so, is there any way around this from what you've read of my situation I.e. applying via a different route etc?

Sorry if I've come across a bit dramatic, but this has really thrown me. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Wtf?!

Post by ariamus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:37 am

For the sake of clarity, suggest you re-write your actual query excluding riddles or theme.

It’s almost impossible to understand what you’re writing about :idea:

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:58 am

Sorry, don't think there were any riddles but as I said, I was a bit thrown when I wrote it. There doesn't seem to be an option to edit, so I'll write it out again (hopefully more clearly) below.

For 5 months, my wage slips to date show £17+ thousand "gross pay". This is not an actual reflection of my pay, but for some months, I seem to have extra payments on top of my wage. However, there is a separate box titled "payments" and this reflects my normal pay (before deductions). Will this be used instead of the "gross pay" figure to calculate whether I meet the financial requirement?

To keep it simple, I'll ask the other questions when they arise if that's ok...

Jhelumi
Mood:

Re:

Post by Jhelumi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:30 pm
Hey all

So here I am, minding my own business, anticipating I'll have to ask my employer for an advance when I next go in (long story, but thankfully seems irrelevant now, unless any of you lovely people are going to spoil my day :roll: ) to be able to apply for a spouse visa. I'm due a tiny bit of pay tonight, but omitting this, I thought I'd calculate my pay to date to give me a bit of context in relation to the financial requirement (I'm planning on applying as a non salaried person. My example is more or less exactly that given in the guidance section 5.1 (example C)). I've hardly been looking at my wage slips to date (the last 3 came whilst I was on holiday), so that's contributed to the confusion.

Having looked at my wage slips, there appear to be massive discrepancies. There is my pay (usually £1900-£2100), but there are a few additional payments for some months ("pensionable payment" and whatnot) for similar amounts. All this has resulted in my wage slip for some months showing up to £6000 gross pay! Even on emergency tax, I still have been receiving £1200-£1300 (after deductions) per month so never thought to double check. So my gross pay for 5 months (not counting the last month) is £17+ thousand.

However (there's always a however), my wage slip does say "payments" which is my actual payment (before any deductions). Will this be used instead of gross pay? Even using this, I still meet the minimum (obviously a lot closer, but I just edge over the requirement when you /6 and x12 even for 5 months).

And another however. The final pay that I'm expecting (and the reason I was planning on speaking to my employer about an advance) should be for april. However, because of a complicated situation which may or may not force me to issue legal proceedings, I don't anticipate receiving very much. It's holiday pay and amounts to less than £100 (it's for 1 of the locations I work at). Will they use this instead for the /6 and x12 as it's the lowest amount I'll have earned in the 6 months I'm using? If so, is there any way around this from what you've read of my situation I.e. applying via a different route etc?

Sorry if I've come across a bit dramatic, but this has really thrown me. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hello,

Is your annualised gross wage above or below £18,600 for the past 6 months?

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:46 am

[quote=Jhelumi post_id=1774523 time=1556617844 user_id=212564]

Hello,

[/quote]

According to the "gross pay" figure, my wage for the past 6 months, even if you don't do the /6 x12 sum, is already above £18600. Then there's a separate figure for "payments", which even if you do the same sum, comes to above £18600. However, my last months wage will be well below what I normally get (due to a holiday), so if you use this figure for the annualisation sum (do you have to use the lowest figure? I remember hearing that somewhere), it's below £18600. Make sense?

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:35 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:46 am
Jhelumi wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am

Hello,

According to the "gross pay" figure, my wage for the past 6 months, even if you don't do the /6 x12 sum, is already above £18600. Then there's a separate figure for "payments", which even if you do the same sum, comes to above £18600. However, my last months wage will be well below what I normally get (due to a holiday), so if you use this figure for the annualisation sum (do you have to use the lowest figure? I remember hearing that somewhere), it's below £18600. Make sense?
Have you received your P60 and it's showing above £18,600. If so, send that along with the 6 month's wage slips.