ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode for child born In India to a british father and Indian mother

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

praveeny
Newly Registered

Right of Abode for child born In India to a british father and Indian mother

Post by praveeny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi All,

I am in UK citizen (naturalized ) and my wife is Indian citizen. We are applying ROA COE for our child born in India. I am in the UK and sending her all the documents.

I can send original naturalization certificate . I can’t send my british passport , so am planning to send a certified copy. Few questions

Is british passport mandatory ? If yes, which of the below is required ?

a. Certified copy from UK post office
b. Cerifitied copy from a UK solicitor
c. Notarised copy from UK Notary public

Thank you
Prav

blacklabel69

Re: Right of Abode for child born In India to a british father and Indian mother

Post by blacklabel69 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:01 am

Hello there,

I did not give any certified copies. All documents submitted, in VFS (I am assuming baby is still in India), should be in A4 format (and I made colour photocopies). Your British passport number would help them lookup your details alongwith your original Naturalisation certificate.

Please check this out for more details : british-citizenship/coe-roa-application ... l#p1752531

Good luck !

BL69