ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions related to documents upload for wife 1st extension FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijay14307
Newly Registered
India

questions related to documents upload for wife 1st extension FLR (M)

Post by vijay14307 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi All,

I have the following things which are in the list of documents to be uploaded -- need your help any information is really appreciated

1. A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period --------------- not sure what this one means? do they need a letter from relative(s) or friend(s) that we (myself & my wife) lived with them for some time (months or years) -- I am not living in the same address for last the 2 years -- I am missing it by a month or 2 --- (1 year & 10 to 11 months) --- if you have any format for the letter that would be really great 8) -- at the moment I am like a headless chicken :roll:

2. Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live ------------- do they mean that we have to upload the utility bills ... like Gas, Electricity, Water, Council tax & telephone bills?----- that are ready they have listed separately then why they are asking this separately

----------------------Document type----------------

3. Residence in the UK --- do they mean BRP? if yes -- already they have asked to upload the BRP as a mandatory documents

4. Proof of business ---- I do not have any business, then why this question --- what should I do here?

5. Life Events -- have uploaded my marriage documents ----- not sure if that they refer to

6. Medical Information -- uploaded NHS letters ----- not sure if that they refer to

Optional documents

Below is a list of optional document categories. Please ensure you read the supporting document guidance on GOV.UK for your application route before including documents in the below categories. --------- not able to find the what document we need to upload in under which category from GOV.UK

The application is very confusing :shock: & the uploading process is also confusing :cry: -- is it just me or someone else also feeling the same ---- this is like writing an exam without knowing what the question is actually :|

Please let me know if you guys have any questions

regards
vijay

vijay14307
Newly Registered
India

Re: questions related to documents upload for wife 1st extension FLR (M)

Post by vijay14307 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:05 pm

have an appointment on 07.04.2018 :lol:

have to upload the document 2 days before the appointment :shock:
have only 3 workings in between as 06.05.2019 is a bank holiday :roll:

thanks, for your understanding :D

regards
vijay

vijay14307
Newly Registered
India

Post by vijay14307 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:16 pm

just called - Call the Premium Support Line on 0900 165 6600 (Calls cost £2.50 per minute)
as i was bit confused with the document uploading process
was in queue for more 1 mnis 20 seconds
if it is a premium number and you are changing for it then why do you have to put a waiting time for it? --- this is not acceptable -- felt like money minting process

Life Events -- he told he cant see anything in his system - so he cant advice on that -- big joke then not sure why this premium service is for

Proof of business ---- he told you do not have to upload them --- then it was there for me? why cant they give only some are relevant for some people for others it is not relevant

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period --- this they told I have to check with home office - he told he cant answer that - then why do i have seek a premium support --- very wired answer

felt like wasted £25 for that

regards
vijay

MrunalUK
Newly Registered
India

Post by MrunalUK » Wed May 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi
I have just successfully got my FLR-M visa extended.

To answer your questions

3. Residence in the UK --- do they mean BRP? if yes -- already they have asked to upload the BRP as a mandatory documents

In this section you should upload
a)Rent agreement stating monthly rent or if you own your house, the letter from mortgage provider that tells your monthly mortgage installment

b)Your most recent council tax letter

4. Proof of business ---- I do not have any business, then why this question --- what should I do here?

This section is for those applicant or sponsors who dont have a job, instead they are self employed or a director of a limited company.
If you have a job with salary, you dont need to upload anything in this section.
Otherwise you have to upload your company registration doc, vat bills, invoices etc. Let me know if you want a detailed list in case you fall in this category.

5. Life Events -- have uploaded my marriage documents -o
In this you should upload marriage certificate (compulsory)
Photograph of you together (optional)

6. Medical Information --
This section is mainly for those people whose sponsor/child gets disability living allowance, or have requested exemption from paying fees due to medical reason of sponsor, or if the applicant is acting as a registered 'carer' for the sponsor or a child who is a british citizen

If your case does not fall in such category suggest you keep your medical history to yourself and not upload anything in this section.
FYI- I did not upload anything here...

MrunalUK
Newly Registered
India

Post by MrunalUK » Wed May 01, 2019 5:31 pm

To answer this-

1. A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period --------------- not sure what this one means? do they need a letter from relative(s) or friend(s) that we (myself & my wife) lived with them for some time (months or years) -- I am not living in the same address for last the 2 years -- I am missing it by a month or 2 --- (1 year & 10 to 11 months) --- if you have any format for the letter that would be really great 8) -- at the moment I am like a headless chicken :roll:

You mention that you moved into your current home 1 year and 10 months back
Can you tell us where did you and your wife lived before you moved to your current address?
Did you live in friend's house or any relatives house before you moved to your current home?

2. Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live ------------- do they mean that we have to upload the utility bills ... like Gas, Electricity, Water, Council tax & telephone bills?----- that are ready they have listed separately then why they are asking this separately

As I explained in earlier post, "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation"- which is rent agreement or mortgage letter will go in the 'Residence in UK section'
You can upload all bills etc which you are using as "correspondence" in the 'Other' section[/highlight]

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 pm

In my opinion proof of residence can be same evidences which are for proving cohabitation.
And letter from friend/relative/parents usually only be required when you are living in their accomodation where you don't pay rent and or bills too which prevent you to have evidences of cohabitation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vijay14307
Newly Registered
India

Post by vijay14307 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi Mrunal,

Thanks for your suggestion, it really means a lot.

3. Residence in the UK - had a look at the some of the old threads they have told only to upload BRP - not the tenancy agreement

5. Life Events -- have uploaded some photos of our marriage & some trips

6. Medical Information -- have removed the NHS letters & updated them into other documents category

as I mentioned that I have stayed only upto 1 year & 10 to 11 months in the current address --- before that I lived another address, so I have uploaded that council tax & utility bill into other documents category & named them as old address bills

Seagul
Thanks for your comments as well

If I get to know anything I will let you update here

regards
Vijay

vijay14307
Newly Registered
India

Post by vijay14307 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your help

completed the process at Sopra Steria on 7that cardiff
did not even take more than 15 mins
they did not ask for any documents
just scanned the passport, took a photo & the biometrics
I paid for documents checking service £35 -- they just told me that they checked it only & all clear no need to worry about the documents
got the confirmation email from home office in 3 hours around 12:52 on 07.05.2019
got the new BRP delivered to home address today (just now :D )
thanks for all your support

regards
vijay