ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 years intrepreneur ( about pension )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amjadalisarobi

ILR 5 years intrepreneur ( about pension )

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Thu May 02, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi all , is that compulsory to enroll your amployes on pension scheme ? And can we stop pension contribution of employes after enrolment ? If employer don’t pay any pension contribution is that affect his ILR ??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR 5 years intrepreneur ( about pension )

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 02, 2019 8:09 pm

Amjadalisarobi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:06 pm
Hi all , is that compulsory to enroll your amployes on pension scheme ? And can we stop pension contribution of employes after enrolment ? If employer don’t pay any pension contribution is that affect his ILR ??
Pension is an employee’s personal matter if he/she wants to opt in/out. Pension payments have nothing to do with UKVI.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Thu May 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Thanks for your reply , if HO have no issue with that so why they were asking about Employes pension enrolment in interview at extension stage ??

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Because every employer having an obligation to get enrolled for this scheme and offers their employees to either accept or opt out

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Amjadalisarobi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:16 pm
Thanks for your reply , if HO have no issue with that so why they were asking about Employes pension enrolment in interview at extension stage ??
You have to enrol your employees for compliance check anyways. Your employees can opt out of it later on if they want. Pension is an employee right and employer is bound to follow the correct procedures for that.
So if you did send a letter to the employee for automatic enrolment but then the employee opts out and you have followed the correct procedure it has no relevance to Tier 1 rules.
At extension stage, I was asked the same question at the interview myself. Probably just to make sure that the employer is correctly following the procedure.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Thu May 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks , but what is the prosedure ? Just to enroll them or there is something else as well ? Can you explain plz , thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 pm

moongesture wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm
Because every employer having an obligation to get enrolled for this scheme and offers their employees to either accept or opt out
This is the procedure as moongesture said. Employer has to get enrolled for the scheme.
There is something that is called automatic enrolment and the letter is sent out to employees.

Employees can opt out in writing then if they want.

My accountant deals with it but this is what I know.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Thu May 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Thanks for your help , I got it

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 02, 2019 9:24 pm

Note:
"The minimum contributions that you must pay into your staff's pension scheme are shown in the table below – they're currently a total contribution of 8% with at least 3% employer contribution. ... You will usually pay pension scheme contributions either as a fixed amount or based on a percentage of earnings."

https://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk ... nd-funding

AND
When you’re enrolled into their pension scheme, your employer must:
pay at least the minimum contributions to the pension scheme on time

https://www.gov.uk/employers-workplace-pensions-rules

AND (regarding penalties for non-compliance)
an Escalating Penalty Notice imposing a penalty of £50 to £10,000 per day you are non-compliant (depending on how many workers you employ - see the rates here) ... a Civil Penalty Notice (where contributions have not been paid). The relevant fine can be up to £5,000 per individual and £50,000 per organisation.

https://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk ... ty-notices
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.