ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ex husband has received Curtailment notice.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ann Yilmaz
Newly Registered

Ex husband has received Curtailment notice.

Post by Ann Yilmaz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:28 am

Hi, I Would like information on the procedure of a visa curtailment notice.

My Turkish husband came here May 2007 on spouse 2 year settlement
visa. After 10 months he abandon me. He was abusive and became violent, he has left me in considerable finacial debt. I sent a statement
of evidance to the IBA also withdrawing my spousership. Also had to notify my local police of the situation as he still lives and works in my home town.

I have been informed that they have deceided to curtail his right to enter the uk. I would like to know what happens now. Will he have to go back
to Turkey? or can he appeal against the decision and if so can he continue to work in the uk whilst he appeals? How long do's the appeal take and would I be notified of the outcome. Also, would like to add that the guy he works for is trying to change his visa status can he do this? my ex is not a skilled at anything.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 am

Do nothing - without ur passport and signature once his two visa runs out he's got to leave the UK for become trapped in the dark well of overstayerville. In fact he should really leave when ur relationship ended but the reality is he's safe until the two years.

If he's not skilled his boss is wasting his time.

If they chuck him out beforehand good stuff, as regards appeal he can appeal from Turkey, if he overstays he's in trouble there.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ann Yilmaz
Newly Registered

Thanks For Your reply

Post by Ann Yilmaz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:22 am

The immigration have informed me that they have curtailed his
right to stay in the UK. He should have received his curtail notice yesterday. Surley if they have stopped his visa he can not continue
working even if he appeals against the decision.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:24 am

SPOUSE abuse rights he also have same like women

u make story and he will show what you have done to him

he got also solid ground to defend himmslef unless he voilated any civil law other than verbal abuse to u, financial absue is hard to prove between civil partners unless u have tken his sin on all money or deals made by hi, are void .

untill it is fraud nothing can be done

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 am

It's not so simple as that - he'll appeal most likely plus there's the endless rigmarole of issuance of deportation or removal orders. I would imagine his employer is now employing him illegally - 10k fine there if you want to inform the authorities but I wouldn't, I wouldn't want it on my conscience nor would I want to be dragged down their level.

Two things - let the law take it's course and second, try not take all this on as an act of vengeance or revenge, it will make you ill.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:43 pm

The rights conferred by the visa, including the right to stay here and to work, are preserved until his appeal (if he makes one) is dismissed. If he doesn't appeal, and doesn't leave the UK, he will be liable to arrest and removal as an overstayer.

Some Turkish nationals faced with removal try to stay on by making an application under so-called ECAA business agreements (arrangements between the EU and Turkey), i.e. they come up with a few documents indicating that they have a partnership in a kebab shop, or the like. These have to be dealt with on their merits, but in such circumstances not many succeed.

The OP can only sit and wait. If he does appeal or make some other application, it could take many months. If he harasses her, she should call the police.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:SPOUSE abuse rights he also have same like women

u make story and he will show what you have done to him

he got also solid ground to defend himmslef unless he voilated any civil law other than verbal abuse to u, financial absue is hard to prove between civil partners unless u have tken his sin on all money or deals made by hi, are void .

untill it is fraud nothing can be done
The way your write makes it sounds like she abused him.
anyway, she can pull her sponsorship.
Second he can appeal and stay until his case is finalized.
Third, if he doesn't appeal he should not stay under the basis of the new visa
so if this is the case, I certainly would report the employer to the HO to get him going