ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS: Free appointments - do they exist?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Beamsley
Ireland

UKVCAS: Free appointments - do they exist?

Post by Beamsley » Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm

I tried calling on 0330 123 1199 as I am perhaps not wealthy enough to pay £2.50/min for the premium rate telephone number (0900 165 6600) and I could not find any free appointments online. After 35 minutes on hold, still no human in sight.

Does anyone know how you can realistically get a free appointment? Is it only through paying £2.50/min?

I realise they say they charge such an extortionate amount as they need to cover costs, but £2,500 for the ILR visa must surely afford them being able to display appointments online.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: UKVCAS: Free appointments - do they exist?

Post by bookerw100 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Beamsley wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm
I tried calling on 0330 123 1199 as I am perhaps not wealthy enough to pay £2.50/min for the premium rate telephone number (0900 165 6600) and I could not find any free appointments online. After 35 minutes on hold, still no human in sight.

Does anyone know how you can realistically get a free appointment? Is it only through paying £2.50/min?

I realise they say they charge such an extortionate amount as they need to cover costs, but £2,500 for the ILR visa must surely afford them being able to display appointments online.
You don't necessarily need to phone them to book appointments. Just keep looking for free appointments online as there always cancellations and new ones appear albeit they get re booked pretty quick. Also maybe try a different centre in a different city?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Not sure why you are posting in the British citizenship sub forum if you are applying for ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Beamsley
Ireland

Post by Beamsley » Fri May 10, 2019 8:49 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm
Beamsley wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm

You don't necessarily need to phone them to book appointments. Just keep looking for free appointments online as there always cancellations and new ones appear albeit they get re booked pretty quick. Also maybe try a different centre in a different city?
We have been checking a lot for any slots online and there has been nothing other than appointments that cost anything between £60 and £200. We have checked several centres within 60 miles of where we live.

Beamsley
Ireland

Post by Beamsley » Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Not sure why you are posting in the British citizenship sub forum if you are applying for ILR??
I didn't realise I had posted in the incorrect sub-forum

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Free appointments are available but are quite scarce as everyone wants to get one. You may be able to secure one if you apply well in advance in one of the core centers or the premium lounge. Smaller centers may not offer many.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Free appointments are only available at 6 core centres. But many have reported not finding one without a huge delay. Free appointments have a delay of around 1 month. Best to check 12 midnight when next day appointments are rolled out. If you are lucky might find earlier. Try London Croydon if you can manage going that far.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Beamsley
Ireland

Post by Beamsley » Sun May 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:25 pm
Free appointments are available but are quite scarce as everyone wants to get one. You may be able to secure one if you apply well in advance in one of the core centers or the premium lounge. Smaller centers may not offer many.
Thanks Zimba.
It seems nigh-on impossible to find these appointments so I assumer it is a cash-cow for them making you pay £2.50/min.

BTW, do you know you have locked the post in the correct sub-forum as opposed to this one?

Beamsley
Ireland

Post by Beamsley » Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:51 pm
Free appointments are only available at 6 core centres. But many have reported not finding one without a huge delay. Free appointments have a delay of around 1 month. Best to check 12 midnight when next day appointments are rolled out. If you are lucky might find earlier. Try London Croydon if you can manage going that far.
Thank you for this. I'll take a look tonight.