ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling as EU citizen whilst applying for first passport and other questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Travelling as EU citizen whilst applying for first passport and other questions

Post by smarioana91 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 pm

Dear all,

first, thanks a lot for all your help thus far and sorry if this has been asked before, I tried finding a similar thread and couldn't.

I am an EU citizen and have just had my British Citizenship ceremony - yuhuu! Now I want to apply for the first passport.

I was wondering several things:
a) Can I travel with my EU ID to EU countries after applying for a UK passport (and having sent my other, EU passport)? In the booklet they say not to make travel arrangements, but I wonder if that counts for travelling with your ID
b) Referees: how do they check the "respectability"? They say director, managers and HR officers from VAT companies are accepted, but only official directors are named on Companies House
c) what is the fastest route, in your experience? Post? Online? That check and send thing with the post office?

Thank you very very much in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travelling as EU citizen whilst applying for first passport and other questions

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:16 am

smarioana91 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 pm
Dear all,

first, thanks a lot for all your help thus far and sorry if this has been asked before, I tried finding a similar thread and couldn't.

I am an EU citizen and have just had my British Citizenship ceremony - yuhuu! Now I want to apply for the first passport.

a) Can I travel with my EU ID to EU countries after applying for a UK passport (and having sent my other, EU passport)? In the booklet they say not to make travel arrangements, but I wonder if that counts for travelling with your ID Yes you can still use your national ID card (as long as we are still in the EU/transition)
b) Referees: how do they check the "respectability"? They say director, managers and HR officers from VAT companies are accepted, but only official directors are named on Companies House You'll be fine with those type of referees. Can't advise how they check but haven't seen any reports of adverse decisions on this basis.
c) what is the fastest route, in your experience? Post? Online? That check and send thing with the post office? Two years ago (December) my online application took 10 workdays incl. an identity interview. Times will vary/increase as we go into the holiday season. You may or may not be asked to an interview.

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: Travelling as EU citizen whilst applying for first passport and other questions

Post by smarioana91 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:16 am
smarioana91 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 pm
Dear all,

a) Can I travel with my EU ID to EU countries after applying for a UK passport (and having sent my other, EU passport)? In the booklet they say not to make travel arrangements, but I wonder if that counts for travelling with your ID Yes you can still use your national ID card (as long as we are still in the EU/transition)
b) Referees: how do they check the "respectability"? They say director, managers and HR officers from VAT companies are accepted, but only official directors are named on Companies House You'll be fine with those type of referees. Can't advise how they check but haven't seen any reports of adverse decisions on this basis.
c) what is the fastest route, in your experience? Post? Online? That check and send thing with the post office? Two years ago (December) my online application took 10 workdays incl. an identity interview. Times will vary/increase as we go into the holiday season. You may or may not be asked to an interview.

Thank you for the fast answer, Hase! ;)

edited by moderator to English, the language to be used on the forum