ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Salary + UK Allowance - How to Apply ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1_king
India

Indian Salary + UK Allowance - How to Apply ?

Post by tier1_king » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Hello,

I was deputed to work in the UK for the last one year ..

I got paid an Indian Salary of 4,40,000 INR creedited in Indian Bank Account and a UK allowance of 21600 GBP credited in UK in the past year .

Now while mentioning the previous earnings in Tier 1 application,

Question 1 : Is it right to mention the two salaries like this., specifically Indian Salary .... ?

1. UK Allowance - 21,600 GBP
2. Indian Salary - (440000/80)*5.3=29150 GBP

Total Earnings = 21,600 + 29150 = 50750

(where 80=approx gbp<=> inr conversion rate )

I guess its logical to use the uplift factor for my Indian salary while i was in the UK ? please let me know if this is not the case ..

Question 2 :
I am happy to just show my Indian salary as it would be just sufficient for me to ge qualified.
But Is this legal to do so?

The reason why i ask this is I got paid in INR although my country(where i was present) of earnings was UK ..
Can i mention Country of Earnings as 'India' in thie case ...
or someone pls explain what country of earnings exactly is ?

(please note that my indian salary pay slip would mention that the location was London for that particular month.)

thanks and best regards,
tier1_king

arunkumarprs

Re: Indian Salary + UK Allowance - How to Apply ?

Post by arunkumarprs » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi tier1_King

You country of earning the place where you work and it is not where you get your salary or what is you nationality. Since you have worked in UK for the 1 year u claim,your contry of earning should be UK.

Given that, you cannot use uplift ratio. So you can use your india salary part with out uplift.

So it should be
2. Indian Salary - (440000/80)=5500 GBP

Total Earnings = 21,600 + 5500 = GBP 27100

I have seen cases in this forum and other places where people have been rejected by doing something like this.

So better show both the earnings and country of earnings as UK

Cheers
Arun

tier1_king wrote:Hello,

I was deputed to work in the UK for the last one year ..

I got paid an Indian Salary of 4,40,000 INR creedited in Indian Bank Account and a UK allowance of 21600 GBP credited in UK in the past year .

Now while mentioning the previous earnings in Tier 1 application,

Question 1 : Is it right to mention the two salaries like this., specifically Indian Salary .... ?

2. Indian Salary - (440000/80)*5.3=29150 GBP

Total Earnings = 21,600 + 29150 = 50750

(where 80=approx gbp<=> inr conversion rate )

I guess its logical to use the uplift factor for my Indian salary while i was in the UK ? please let me know if this is not the case ..

Question 2 :
I am happy to just show my Indian salary as it would be just sufficient for me to ge qualified.
But Is this legal to do so?

The reason why i ask this is I got paid in INR although my country(where i was present) of earnings was UK ..
Can i mention Country of Earnings as 'India' in thie case ...
or someone pls explain what country of earnings exactly is ?

(please note that my indian salary pay slip would mention that the location was London for that particular month.)

thanks and best regards,
tier1_king

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 pm

As advised before, you ought to read the guidance *carefully*.
103. The country in which the applicant has been working, rather than their nationality, determines the income bands against which the earnings will be assessed.
It helps to search the forum for information already available. Had you made an effort, you would have had come across this post amongst many, and you'd have got your answers without even raising a query.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!