ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application - Confuse on filling up the form, help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JulianaCG
Newly Registered
Philippines

MN1 Application - Confuse on filling up the form, help please

Post by JulianaCG » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wonder please if you could help me.

I am applying for citizenship for me and my son. Our situation is highlighted below

- I am the biological mother with ILR card applying for citizenship.
- My current spouse is British citizen (not the father of my son)
- My son is also a holder of ILR.
- My son biological father (my previous spouse) is based in the Philippines and we dont know his whereabouts.

My question is:
1) on question 1.21 Childs fathers name - is this his biological father or my current spouse? my son's birth certificate is the Biological father and me.

Im just confuse as there is bold letter before the question that says:
Details of the child parents, if one or both are not the birth parents, provide the details of the biological parents on the final page of the form

2) on question 1.1 indicate the section of the British nationality Act 1981 - is this Ection 3(1)?

3) On question 1.39 date of parents marriage - is this me and current spouse or the previous marriage?

4) Question 1.40 whas the mother married at the time the child was born tick yes
and then follwed by was this to childs father or Someone else? again Im confused should I think someone else and indicate the details of the biological father on the blank space.

And lastly Consent to the application

7.1 fathers consent - is this my current spouse or biological father?

Please can anybody enlighten me?

Many thanks

juliana

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application - Confuse on filling up the form, help please

Post by CR001 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:10 pm

1) on question 1.21 Childs fathers name - is this his biological father or my current spouse? my son's birth certificate is the Biological father and me.
Biological only. There is no 'step parent' concept for citizenship, his step father is irrelevant.
Im just confuse as there is bold letter before the question that says:
Details of the child parents, if one or both are not the birth parents, provide the details of the biological parents on the final page of the form
Likely refers to an adoption or a guardianship type arrangement.
2) on question 1.1 indicate the section of the British nationality Act 1981 - is this Ection 3(1)?
Yes.
3) On question 1.39 date of parents marriage - is this me and current spouse or the previous marriage?
Not sure, likely your childs father, if applicable.
4) Question 1.40 whas the mother married at the time the child was born tick yes
and then follwed by was this to childs father or Someone else? again Im confused should I think someone else and indicate the details of the biological father on the blank space.
You were married to the childs father. Simply answer. Your current husband is irrelevant to your childs application.
And lastly Consent to the application

7.1 fathers consent - is this my current spouse or biological father?
Biological father.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JulianaCG
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: MN1 Application - Confuse on filling up the form, help please

Post by JulianaCG » Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am

Thank you for your response.

Another note please;

• the parents’ nationality and immigration status – we expect either both parents
to be British citizens or one parent a British citizen and the other parent settled
in the UK

Regarding this point under 3(1) guidance. MY ex husband is Filipino and I am applying for Citizenship with ILR, does that mean my son can not qualify for citizenship?