ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport - what after application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

British Passport - what after application?

Post by smarioana91 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Dear all,

this is my second passport post, I am sorry for this, but it just seems awfully random.

I applied on Monday, 13.05, via the post Check and send, with a paper-based application. I got a receipt confirming the payment of the fee + secure return, and have not heard anything since. In the passport timeline thread, some people mention a receipt confirmation from the Home Office.

What can I expect? Is there any way of tracking my documents and application, or do I have to sit here and wait until they hopefully just send me the passport when God wants?

Thank you in advance!

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: British Passport - what after application?

Post by hermanthegerman » Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 pm

You will get a text from the HMPO when they "check in" your documents.

I send mine on a Wednesday evening with recorded mail. They arrived Friday morning at 8am in Belfast.

I got the text that my documents had arrived the following Monday around 5pm.

I suspect you will get a text tomorrow or on Monday. You can also log into the tracking system with your reference number.

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by smarioana91 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 am

hermanthegerman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 pm
You will get a text from the HMPO when they "check in" your documents.

I send mine on a Wednesday evening with recorded mail. They arrived Friday morning at 8am in Belfast.

I got the text that my documents had arrived the following Monday around 5pm.

I suspect you will get a text tomorrow or on Monday. You can also log into the tracking system with your reference number.
Dear Herman,

thank you so much, this is helpful and alleviates some of my worries about the complete silence. On the website, it says I should not check unless three weeks have passed if I have applied by paper - https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application - do you know anything about this? They also ask for the nine digit number from my application, which I evidently don't have anymore because I've sent it off. Is it just the receipt from the post office?

Thank you for all your replies, much appreciated. I realize I come across as quite helpless!

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Fri May 17, 2019 9:29 am

I did the online application so got the number in my email.

When they check in your application they text you with the number in it again. I suspect you will still get these texts even if you applied on paper.

I had a phone call this morning regarding my application to clarify something so overall the turn around times do not seem to be too bad.

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am

I think it takes up to 4 weeks to get the confirmation from Home Office advising you that the application has been received.

You cannot track your application, so you'll have to wait for approval letter which might take up to 6 months. Be patient..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:38 am

guru1s wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am
I think it takes up to 4 weeks to get the confirmation from Home Office advising you that the application has been received.

You cannot track your application, so you'll have to wait for approval letter which might take up to 6 months. Be patient..
The op has applied for a passport after already getting British citizenship!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by smarioana91 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Thank you everyone, I have received the confirmation of receipt via sms on Saturday (weird?) and another SMS this morning saying my new passport is on its way. Incredibly fast!

Thank you again for all your help