ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ET: My Timeline

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

es4w
Newly Registered
Aruba

Tier 1 ET: My Timeline

Post by es4w » Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello folks,

I've been endorsed under Exceptional Promise by Tech Nation a few days ago. On 25 April, I received confirmation email from Home Office that application had been forwarded to Tech Nation. About two weeks later, on 14 May, received decision letter, via email, confirming endorsement as Exceptional Promise (which was expected). I used the fast track option since I intend to reside outside of Greater London. I'm so happy with this decision. Although the visa enables you to work for whoever you want, it might help to mention in your personal statement that you have entrepreneurship endeavours (if you genuinely have them of course). Some of the envidence I provided was over 10 years older but that does not seem to have signficantly impacted on the outcome. Of course, there was newer evidence.

I will be applying for stage 2 in about two months. Annoyingly, cannot switch in country.

beso
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Tier 1 ET: My Timeline

Post by beso » Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

es4w wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Hello folks,

I've been endorsed under Exceptional Promise by Tech Nation a few days ago. On 25 April, I received confirmation email from Home Office that application had been forwarded to Tech Nation. About two weeks later, on 14 May, received decision letter, via email, confirming endorsement as Exceptional Promise (which was expected). I used the fast track option since I intend to reside outside of Greater London. I'm so happy with this decision. Although the visa enables you to work for whoever you want, it might help to mention in your personal statement that you have entrepreneurship endeavours (if you genuinely have them of course). Some of the envidence I provided was over 10 years older but that does not seem to have signficantly impacted on the outcome. Of course, there was newer evidence.

I will be applying for stage 2 in about two months. Annoyingly, cannot switch in country.
COngratulations :) , good luck with the next steps .

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 pm

es4w wrote:
Hello folks,

Congratulations.... May I ask why you can't switch in country ?
May I ask your current Immigration status category

Also, on the personal statement, did you state your current immigration status and explain why you want endorsement ?

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm

sptula wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 pm
es4w wrote:
Hello folks,

Congratulations.... May I ask why you can't switch in country ?
May I ask your current Immigration status category

Also, on the personal statement, did you state your current immigration status and explain why you want endorsement ?
I believe the user must've been on a Tier 4 visa. I've seen many students who did well in their studies in the UK applying for Tier 1 ET. I don't see a need to explain your reasons to Tech Nation.

sachinsaxena
Newly Registered

Post by sachinsaxena » Mon May 27, 2019 12:58 pm

What was your difference in timeline, when you submitted the application to HO and TN, to when your application got forwarded to TechNation ?

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Mon May 27, 2019 3:55 pm

It took one week because I forgot to fill the "Profile' section of the Tech Nation application. They ask for several Home Office application data, such as fee payment code and application number. But time for a decision only starts to count from receipt of HO email. Between submitting and paying for the fee to the Home Office, immigration lawyers reviewed the application, so it took considerably longer to submit it. Remember that the designated competent body must receive the supporing documentation within 15 working days of application. I used all that time. It's worth emailing Tech Nation asking for a confirmation whether everything is ok and when they will start reviewing your application. Mine was processed under Fast Track and it took 14 working days for a decision (it was faster than the 18 maximum days).

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Mon May 27, 2019 7:57 pm

WorldI wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:55 pm
It took one week because I forgot to fill the "Profile' section of the Tech Nation application. They ask for several Home Office application data, such as fee payment code and application number. But time for a decision only starts to count from receipt of HO email. Between submitting and paying for the fee to the Home Office, immigration lawyers reviewed the application, so it took considerably longer to submit it. Remember that the designated competent body must receive the supporing documentation within 15 working days of application. I used all that time. It's worth emailing Tech Nation asking for a confirmation whether everything is ok and when they will start reviewing your application. Mine was processed under Fast Track and it took 14 working days for a decision (it was faster than the 18 maximum days).
can you pls list down what all evidences you submitted ? and the other templates if possible..
thanks