ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question for UK absence since January 2018 for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

ILR for Family

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a tier2 General Visa and my ILR is due in June 2019. I came to UK on Visa Tier2 General (work) in July 2014. My family also came with me in July 2014. The date of issue in UK Visa was 11th July 2014.

When I apply for ILR in June 2019, do I need to include my family names (Spouse and child)? OR they are required to apply after me?

Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Viral

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Family

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:40 pm

You can apply together. One form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

I want to ask you about my son who is born in UK 2 years back. Do I need to include his name in ILR application in June when I am applying for ILR?

Is he eligible for British Citizen when I get ILR in June 2019?

Please help.

Many Thanks
Viral

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:25 pm

I want to ask you about my son who is born in UK 2 years back. Do I need to include his name in ILR application in June when I am applying for ILR?
No you don't.
Is he eligible for British Citizen when I get ILR in June 2019?
Yes, after you get ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Question for UK absence since January 2018 for Spouse

Post by viralmehta1 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi,

I need your help or advise.

I am completing form for ILR for my family as we will be finishing 5 years and when going through spouse application details in the form I got stuck with below question.
-----------------
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
----------------

My wife have never visited out of UK after Dec 2017. Last time she visited India was in Nov 2017. She was in the UK since January 2018. So what would be my answer in this case, Yes or No? I believe it should be NO as she has never been out of the UK since January 2018.

Please advise.

Best Regards
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question for UK absence since January 2018 for Spouse

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 am

Topics merged. Please keep your questions in one thread in the ILR sub forum and do not post ILR questions in the tier 2 sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:59 am

viralmehta1 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:26 pm
Hi,

I need your help or advise.

I am completing form for ILR for my family as we will be finishing 5 years and when going through spouse application details in the form I got stuck with below question.
-----------------
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
----------------

My wife have never visited out of UK after Dec 2017. Last time she visited India was in Nov 2017. She was in the UK since January 2018. So what would be my answer in this case, Yes or No? I believe it should be NO as she has never been out of the UK since January 2018.

Please advise.

Best Regards
V
If she does not have a visa granted on or after 11 January 2018 then the answer is NO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Appreciate your help for this.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR for me and my family (wife and daughter) in mid of june 2019. However, my son is born in the UK in 2017 and he is eligible directly for british citizenship once I get ILR in June.

While submitting my application and other documents for ILR, I would like to send covering letter for my son along with his birth certificate and BRP card copy. Could you please send me the format of covering letter as in what I need to mention to make it clear to Home Office?

I just want to update home office about my son when I apply for ILR.

Please advise. Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 30, 2019 10:50 pm

viralmehta1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Hi,

I am applying for ILR for me and my family (wife and daughter) in mid of june 2019. However, my son is born in the UK in 2017 and he is eligible directly for british citizenship once I get ILR in June.

While submitting my application and other documents for ILR, I would like to send covering letter for my son along with his birth certificate and BRP card copy. Could you please send me the format of covering letter as in what I need to mention to make it clear to Home Office?

I just want to update home office about my son when I apply for ILR.

Please advise. Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V
Just mention you will register your UK born son as British Citizen after you get your ILR according to British Nationality Act 1981 Section 1(3).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I will mention this in covering letter for my Son.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi,

I have one more question. My UK Visa issue date (when UK Visa was issued first) is 11\07\2014 and I came to UK as in my UK entry date is 18\07\2014.

Could you please advise when I can submit my ILR application? I read that it is 28 days before the completion of 5 years but is it based on date of issue of UK visa or date of entry of UK Visa.

Please advise. Your early help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Date of initial visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanks you for quick reply.

Do I need to calculate 28 days from Initial Visa issue date including that date? what would be my date of submission of application? Will it be 13th June or 14th June as my Visa issue date is 11th July 2014?

Please advise. Thanks again for help.

Many Thanks
V

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi,

Could you please help me with exact date I should submit my ILR application if my UK initial Visa issue date is 11 July 2014?

Please help.

Many Thanks
V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 am

viralmehta1 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 pm
Hi,

Could you please help me with exact date I should submit my ILR application if my UK initial Visa issue date is 11 July 2014?

Please help.

Many Thanks
V
on/after 13th June 2019. I would still give an extra day or two if I was you and apply around 15th June.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. much appreciated.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi,

I need your help. I am applying for ILR next week and my family (my wife and my daughter) is also applying along with me. Please advise what documents I need to provide or submit along with ILR application for my family?

In the form I can see below checklist point. could you please help what I need to do with this point? Do I need to provide Marriage Certification or it is not required?

---------------

If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

-----------------------

Please help. You early help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:33 am

viralmehta1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:06 pm
Hi,

I need your help. I am applying for ILR next week and my family (my wife and my daughter) is also applying along with me. Please advise what documents I need to provide or submit along with ILR application for my family?

In the form I can see below checklist point. could you please help what I need to do with this point? Do I need to provide Marriage Certification or it is not required?

---------------

If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

-----------------------

Please help. You early help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf

Do not entirely rely on the checklist. Refer to the guidance also. You need cohabitation docs for wife. Also some extra docs for children 16 or over.

Anyone 18+ needs LIUK and English Requirements for ILR.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:23 am

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sorry what is cohabitation document? I have no idea about this document. Could you please guide me where I can find this document or is there any format which I can use?

Is marriage certificate ok as cohabitation document?

Please advise. I need your help.

Your help on this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:34 am

Cohabitation documents are proof that you and your spouse have lived together in a subsisting relation for at least the last two years. HO expect to see joint utility bills, council tax, tenancy agreements, any letters from hmrc or NHS etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 am

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to ask. what is Cohabitation document for wife? We have a marriage certificate (India) and my wife have a bank statement with same address? Please advise if Bank statement or marriage certificate is OK for Cohabitation document?

If there is template document could you please send it to me?

I need your help on this. Your help would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 am

There is no template document!!!

It is simply documents addressed to both of jointly or either of you at the same address. You need items spread over two years from 3 or 4 different sources
Char (CR001 not Casa)

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:34 am
Cohabitation documents are proof that you and your spouse have lived together in a subsisting relation for at least the last two years. HO expect to see joint utility bills, council tax, tenancy agreements, any letters from hmrc or NHS etc etc.
The Joint utility bills, council tax etc. My wife have a bank account which is not join account but it has her full name which includes my name and address where we live. would that be valid?