ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wants to marry my girlfriend in uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sambhaa007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

wants to marry my girlfriend in uk

Post by sambhaa007 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:22 am

we are in genuine relationship since 5 years , she visited Pakistan in these years twice and we have photographic proof too that we physically meet each other and chat history of 5 years and many things which can support our relationship claim , now we wants to get married and should i apply for spouse visa or shall i go to UK on visit visa to marry her ? kindly its a genuine issue any required information will be provided . just needs help . thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: wants to marry my girlfriend in uk

Post by seagul » Sun May 19, 2019 4:53 am

If she is British national or has settled status in UK then fast and safest will be to marry her in Pakistan then apply straight for spouse visa if she is free to marry, earning at least £18600 or have £62500 savings and have sufficient sized accommodation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 19, 2019 8:45 am

sambhaa007 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:22 am
now we wants to get married and should i apply for spouse visa or shall i go to UK on visit visa to marry her ?
You won't be permitted to marry in the UK while on a visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 19, 2019 9:03 am

seagul wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:53 am
if she is free to marry
if both of you are free to marry, according to UK law...

You will also need to pass an English language test.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Picard

Post by Picard » Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

You can come to UK on fiance visa and get married to her.

sambhaa007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sambhaa007 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 pm

thank you for help i'm 27 and she is 24 and english test in not a problem ,, problem is only financial bar . she is not on job but she isnt taking any govt unemployment fund since couples of month when we decided she cancel his funds , how can i go on fiance visa when she isnt on job ? :( what if i have more then 20k pounds in savings in my account . what if she come here and we marry and can i apply then for spouse visa when she isnt on job ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 pm

If your fiancee has no income, you would need £62,500 in savings which have been held in an accessible account for at least 6 months.

Otherwise, you will have to wait until she has been employed for 6 months and meets this minimum earnings level of £18,600 p.a (£9,300 for the 6 month period).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.