ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply for Ilr at the earliest?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

When can I apply for Ilr at the earliest?

Post by 10020132 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:19 am

I am asking this question for my wife. She is my department on tier 1 ent visa and she has applied for her extension since jan 2018 but we are still waiting. Her five years are completing soon. I want to know when is the earliest she can apply for ILR?

Her tier 1 dependant visa was granted on 27th June 2014 and she entered uk on 14 August 2014. And then got another extension without any issues. Now I have two questions.

First, when is the earliest she can apply for ilr? Will I count 28 days backwards from the date of issue of visa or date of entry?

Secondly, since her passport has been with home office for nearly 1.5 years, it has been expired now. So when I vary her application will I have to renew her passport before varying application or can we just leave it until we get a decision on ILR (NOT EXTENSION)?

Lastly, we have asked home office for passport to do life in uk and English test and hopefully we will get it soon. Once we have it, can we renew it or not?

Casa

Re: When can I apply for Ilr at the earliest?

Post by Casa » Sun May 19, 2019 9:03 am

10020132 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:19 am
I am asking this question for my wife. She is my department on tier 1 ent visa and she has applied for her extension since jan 2018 but we are still waiting. Her five years are completing soon. I want to know when is the earliest she can apply for ILR?

Her tier 1 dependant visa was granted on 27th June 2014 and she entered uk on 14 August 2014. And then got another extension without any issues. Now I have two questions.

First, when is the earliest she can apply for ilr? Will I count 28 days backwards from the date of issue of visa or date of entry?

Secondly, since her passport has been with home office for nearly 1.5 years, it has been expired now. So when I vary her application will I have to renew her passport before varying application or can we just leave it until we get a decision on ILR (NOT EXTENSION)?

Lastly, we have asked home office for passport to do life in uk and English test and hopefully we will get it soon. Once we have it, can we renew it or not?
From date of issue.

According to your other lengthy thread, your own ILR application has been waiting a decision since January 2018. As your Tier 1 dependant your wife won't be granted settlement until you have a successful outcome for your ILR. If your application fails, so will your wife's. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Yes I understand that her application won't be decided until mine is decided. Thanks
Any thoughts on the other questions?

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:57 am

Also another question is that for some reason my wife can't sit the life in uk exam or English language exam before applying for ILR. but is it OK if she sit for the test after applying for visa (and before her appointment)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:13 am

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and that is the relevant date for documents. The form clearly asks for the English and Liuk information so best to do it before you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 am

Ok thanks
Any thoughts on the previous questions?