ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Entry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jagankumar
India

Date of Entry

Post by jagankumar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:13 am

Hi,
I do have valid HSMP Approval letter, Iam planning to apply for EC in end of August 2008, and planning to enter into the country in Feb 2009 or May 2009.
With this much of delay(3 Months to 6 months) after EC effective Date will this be problem while entering into the country(Port of entry)? Please someone advice me.

Note:
I have no plan to get settled down in UK by applying ILR, Will back to india in 3 to 5 years time.
I can understand that people who is planning to apply for ILR will need to get into the country within 28 days or 3 months time. Correct me If am wrong

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:57 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:15 am

Hi Thanks for your prompt response, the link which you have given is mentioned about the post dated Entry date. which is upto 3 months. My Query is can I make my first entry into the UK anytime within 3 years time?
Will be the problem port entry when I travel after 6 months of visa effective date? Please guide me.

parthasarathy
Newly Registered

Post by parthasarathy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:58 am

Can somebody who has EC stamped mention the important dates which are mentioned. What is the time limit a person has to enter UK post getting EC?

regards,
jagankumar wrote:Hi Thanks for your prompt response, the link which you have given is mentioned about the post dated Entry date. which is upto 3 months. My Query is can I make my first entry into the UK anytime within 3 years time?
Will be the problem port entry when I travel after 6 months of visa effective date? Please guide me.

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 pm

I've been wondering the same as well....

Jagankumar, what's that about entering within 28 days or 3 months for ILR purposes?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Check with your local BHC.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

questions

Post by hopeforthebest » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 am

hi

i do have the valid EC visa (under HSMP category) stamped on 8-july-2008

I have question to senior members. I have heard that its good to travel as soon as possible to UK so can u plz comment on that one.. Actually i have some pending work here in lahore,Pakistan so i thought that i would travel in first week of october is that fine or not ?

my second question is that after 2 years when i apply for extension at that time i have to show one year job exp in uk? one of my friend told me that u have to shown 18months job exp at that time ....so senior members can u plz comment on that one ?

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:24 pm

I had confirmed once from local BHC abt timeframe,

- There is no time frame to enter UK under Tier 1
- If extension is required after 3 years, one has to apply under then existing rules which normally require to work in UK for last one year for claiming points.
- One more thing you can enter/exit anytime to UK ,but onus will be on you to convince immigration officer.

Rgds,
Sharbt_hvr