ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply settlement scheme while waiting for RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Usr2019
Newly Registered

Can we apply settlement scheme while waiting for RC

Post by Usr2019 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Hello Everyone,

I need some urgent advise on below query.

My wife is a non-EU citizen & have applied for residence card in first week of April. She received a CoA dated 01-May but no further communications. As there is no way to check progress its becoming very difficult to decide next steps. Its like waiting forever to get next update and unnecessary anxiety.

I wanted to know can she apply for settlement scheme while her residence card application is in progress?

If she applies for settlement scheme while her RC application is in progress, will she have to submit the biometrics again (she has recorded them for residence card)?

Its noticed that the turnaround time for settlement status is lesser than waiting endlessly for RC. Her family permit has already expired.

Please check and let me know what you think, your opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

kamoe

Re: Can we apply settlement scheme while waiting for RC

Post by kamoe » Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Usr2019 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:47 pm
My wife is a non-EU citizen & have applied for residence card in first week of April. She received a CoA dated 01-May but no further communications.
Give it a few days, still within the reasonable timeline (even if slightly on the longer end).
I wanted to know can she apply for settlement scheme while her residence card application is in progress?
Yes, but that would be silly. She can apply for both, but in that case, the best thing to do is wait for the RC and once it is issued, use it to apply for the Settlement Scheme using the Android app. No need to send anything or enroll biometric again if following this order.
If she applies for settlement scheme while her RC application is in progress, will she have to submit the biometrics again (she has recorded them for residence card)?
Very likely yes, as both processes are handled separately. What is clear if that she applies to the Settlement Scheme after she has the RC she will NOT need to enroll biometric again.
Its noticed that the turnaround time for settlement status is lesser than waiting endlessly for RC. Her family permit has already expired.
Turnaround time for RC is between 1 and 2 months. More than most Settlement scheme applications, but that's certainly not one reason to completely discard the RC. There are a number of pros and cons of both routes worth knowing. Check this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 am

Hi ,
Thank you for this forum , at least we can get get some updates from people’s experience about the their application as we don’t get any info from the home office .
My enquiry is about my application for a permanent residence .
I applied in the beginning of February this year .
Biometric done on feb 22 nd
COA letter received one week after .
I am still waiting for an answer and i requested my Ex’s ID back on April the 10th still no answer ,
Is there any similar case as it’s been stressful especially when I read about people’s applications have been submitted lately were sorted in one to two months .
As my Ex needs her ID , I would like to seek your advice , shall i try applying for a settlement status in the mean time by calling the Eu settlement scheme centre or ... what to do please ?
I am lost .
Any addition or comments would me much appreciated

Usr2019
Newly Registered

Post by Usr2019 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Thanks @Kamoe for the advise and the link. Much appreciated.

@Minwa, if you didn't receive the documents after requesting, you could enquire using form at https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 am

Thank you very much for your reply , I think they forgot my application somewhere lol , just wondering if there’s a similar case and I’m an I apply for settlement status in the same time ?

Usr2019
Newly Registered

Post by Usr2019 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:34 pm

@Minwa, just wanted to check with you, did you get the RC card? Or you applied for the settlement? We are still waiting for RC

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:16 pm

I applied for permanent residence and haven’t received the PR yet it’s Been like 4 months now

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Usr2019
I’ve seen asking if you could apply for settelement scheme while your application is pending on RC , what have you decided , any updates please of the outcome of your application.
Many thanks

Usr2019
Newly Registered

Post by Usr2019 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Hello Minwa,

Thanks for asking. We had decided to wait for the RC card so that we could apply for the settlement after we receive it. We have not received the RC still, not sure how much more time that will take :(

We called settlement helpdesk for advise but they have no idea about the RC process. First they said it is Ok if we apply while other application in progress. When asked about biometrics (whether my wife have to register them again) they were not sure and said, you can wait for the RC to arrive to avoid biometrics to be taken again :?

Thanks.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi ,
Thank you for sharing the updates , There’s nothing else we can do but waiting it’s really frustrating , as the Eu settlement scheme help desk adviced to wait and I don’t really get how the application progress work in The PR department some people took them like one month to get their application sorted :(

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Usr2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm
Hello Minwa,

Thanks for asking. We had decided to wait for the RC card so that we could apply for the settlement after we receive it. We have not received the RC still, not sure how much more time that will take :(

We called settlement helpdesk for advise but they have no idea about the RC process. First they said it is Ok if we apply while other application in progress. When asked about biometrics (whether my wife have to register them again) they were not sure and said, you can wait for the RC to arrive to avoid biometrics to be taken again :?

Thanks.
Hi hope you are well , any news about your partner’s application as I’m still waiting .
Kindly
Many thanks

osa12345
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by osa12345 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:30 pm

Minwa wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:44 pm
Usr2019 wrote:
Hello Minwa,

Thanks.
Hi hope you are well , any news about your partner’s application as I’m still waiting .
Kindly
Many thanks
Hi Minwa,

I have a similar situation. I am a non-EU citizen married to an EEA national. We moved to the UK 2 weeks ago and I had an EEA family permit. Now we applied for a residence card for me using EEA QP application. However we could not submit a payslip as my wife did not receive her first payslip at the time we made the application. Hence, I am not sure if I will be granted a residence card.

We are thinking to apply for EU settlement scheme as well before my EEA family permit expires... But really not sure what the best move at this stage for us.

Any help or advice is highy appreciated.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 pm

osa12345 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:30 pm
Minwa wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:44 pm
Usr2019 wrote:
Hello Minwa,

Thanks.
Kindly
Many thanks
Hi Minwa,

I have a similar situation. I am a non-EU citizen married to an EEA national. We moved to the UK 2 weeks ago and I had an EEA family permit. Now we applied for a residence card for me using EEA QP application. However we could not submit a payslip as my wife did not receive her first payslip at the time we made the application. Hence, I am not sure if I will be granted a residence card.

We are thinking to apply for EU settlement scheme as well before my EEA family permit expires... But really not sure what the best move at this stage for us.

Any help or advice is highy appreciated.

thanks
Please continue in your own topic instead of digging up and tagging onto topics that are a year old and where members are no longer active in the forum!!

eea-route-applications/eea-qp-applicati ... l#p1886298
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.